callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
unsure.gif
tried searching, but was unable to find a clear simple answer.

I´ve removed all channels for now except this one - homebrewchan_installer.nolimits.elf

As you can see it was an .elf file, and not a .wad. Did installing this create tickets?

Is just erasing this through the Wii´s data management enough?

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
callmebob said:
unsure.gif
tried searching, but was unable to find a clear simple answer.

I´ve removed all channels for now except this one - homebrewchan_installer.nolimits.elf

As you can see it was an .elf file, and not a .wad. Did installing this create tickets?

Is just erasing this through the Wii´s data management enough?
Just uninstall it using the data management

D-an-W

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is a wad file for the HomeBrew Channel which can be used in conjuction with the Uninstaller Elf to fully remove the channel created by the Elf you used (You can of course install from the wad file also).

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
??? I ran the .elf and it installed the homebrew channel. Used it for a while now, but will be upgrading.

This does mean that it was installed, or?

(edit)

Damn, you guys are fast. I´ll try using another .wad. If that won´t work is there a way to extract the .wad from the .elf file?

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
D-an-W said:
There is a wad file for the HomeBrew Channel which can be used in conjuction with the Uninstaller Elf to fully remove the channel created by the Elf you used (You can of course install from the wad file also).
If you can provide a link, I would be eternally grateful.

Smashingblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if my question seems to be ignorant or common knowledge, but how exactly do I use the file Kairi posted to remove channels?

This is for a Wii that my brother got modded by an installer, who took it upon himself to install "Super Mario Bros 2" and "Metroid". So I have not even familiarized myself totally with the process of putting these games on a Wii, as such I am even more troubled with the task of removing the channels and subsequent tickets.

Any help is appreciated.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That file is specific to something else.

To remove your channel there are a few things you´re going to have to get.

You´ll need waduninstall, and probably wadinstall tools. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=85058

Unless the guy installed a homebrew channel (a channel with a black screen), You´ll need a copy of Zelda, and the Twilight hack installer. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=83479

You´ll also need either an sd card, or a usbgecko. And a compatable GC controlled.

On top of that you will need a copy of the specific wad for each of the games. At first it seems complicated, but it´s not, once you´ve done the process once.

If all that is too much, have the guy remove them for you.

Smashingblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
callmebob said:
At first it seems complicated, but it´s not, once you´ve done the process once.

Thanks for the detailed reply. Sounds simple enough and shouldn't be a problem at all for me to uninstall them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: