GCN Changing music in Need for speed underground

Rubyheart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really sure what section this should go in, but it seems like it could be relevant here.

Basically, I want to know if it's possible to change the music in a game, with the game's iso, not on the disc obviously.

I like playing Need for Speed Underground, but if I have to hear 24s on the menu screen one more time...

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I believe you can do that with Mario Kart Wii using Riivolution or something like that, yet I'm not familiar with the homebrew scene for MKW
Riivolution requires the disc. What the op needs is to unpack the iso, apply changes and repack.
And hope that the audio format is possible to encode with existing programs.

Rubyheart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's a gamecube game that I'm playing on the Wii so it was still relevant. Ideally, the soulution wouldn't matter what type of game it is, since you'd still be modifying the iso.

I've never worked with iso files more than just mounting them with daemeon tools though. Are there any tutorials I can look at?

Nyaspurr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I somewhat doubt there'd be a mod for a gamecube game, especially these days (well Melee seems like it would)

Best option is to either disable in-game music and play your own, really. Or use the Riivolution method for Mario kart Wii if you have the disc. Can't really say much to help ya there, as ISO modding can be complex

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Well, it's a gamecube game that I'm playing on the Wii so it was still relevant. Ideally, the soulution wouldn't matter what type of game it is, since you'd still be modifying the iso.

I've never worked with iso files more than just mounting them with daemeon tools though. Are there any tutorials I can look at?
He meant Riivolution which only works with Wii games. If it's a GC game you can use GCRebuilder or GCReEx. Daemon tools won't work, the part with the main.dol and others is stored differently than a regular iso.

Rubyheart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GCRebuilder and GCReEx, great I have a starting point now. I was mainly looking for gamecubes games, but is there something similar for Wii games for future reference? (I'm assuming Riivolution is a homebrew app and not a way to unpack/mess with the iso)

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Riivolution reads commads from an .xml file and redirects file reading to sd or usb, if the files are not there it uses the disc.
For any kind of Wii images you should use wiimms iso tools(wit), for plain iso files wiiscrubber may also work. Using wit is still faster when replacing many files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: