Changing display name

Chase.Collins19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I am the type who is, what some might think, unbearably indecisive and I would like to change my name, "Chase.Collins19", to "Chaselicious" but I couldn't figure out how. I was wondering if there was anyone who wishes to humor me by telling me how?

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to spin around three times and say "Ooga Booga" on the last spin.

But seriously, if you message a supervisor, you should be able to get a change of name.

Reactions: ProtoKun7

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mean to bump this thread ( I couldn't find the old one to bump LOL )
Could I get my name changed to just Air ? I was told that it couldnt be done before because someone from germany ( I think ) locked that name up a few months before I did , even though they havent been on in forever .
So , I will ask again , can someone let me have this name , Air ..... Please ?

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could I get my name changed to just Air ? I was told that it couldnt be done before because someone from germany ( I think ) locked that name up a few months before I did , even though they havent been on in forever .

I couldn't have just Milkman, you can't have Air. ITS THE FUCKING LAW BUDDY.

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ask a Supervisor, but I doubt you'll get it.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I recall correctly, if there was an actual user named "Air" it is possible to change the name into that, but it heavily depends on said user's most recent activity. If it was like seven years ago, then the name would be changed.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I would like to change my name, "Chase.Collins19", to "Chaselicious" but I couldn't figure out how. I was wondering if there was anyone who wishes to humor me by telling me how?
Could I get my name changed to just Air ?
You would have to ask a Supervisor or Administrator for help with that. They tend not to grant these kinds of requests because members have abused it in the past and some have been known to request several name changes a week. Or they might build up some kind of reputation under a certain username, then change their username into something completely different (even change their avatar), which confuses the hell out of other members.

They're more likely to grant your request if:
  • you're just adding or removing numbers in your name (ex: someguy07 => someguy)
  • you want to add/remove a space in your name (ex: someguy => some guy)
  • you want to change capitalization (ex: some guy => Some Guy)
  • you want to make your name easier to read/write (ex: 4C3-8055 => ACE-BOSS)
  • etc.
In other words, the name change can't be drastic, and it should be available. If it's not available, then the person currently with that username can't be an active member (must have an extremely low post count and not have signed on for a long time, the exact parameters of which are up to the discretion of the Supervisor/Admin).

If you want to make a drastic change (ex: StinkyCheese => ComeTurismO), it has to be for a good reason and you should offer to impose some kind of restriction on yourself (such as promising not to change your avatar so you'll still be recognized somehow by others, or changing the custom title under your avatar to say "formerly known as _____" for several months, etc.). You should also be a member in good standing, and not someone looking to change your identity in an attempt to hide your trollish past from others.

If you can make a strong enough case for why you want your name changed, then they might do it for you (no guarantees, though).

Hope this helps!

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia

In short no. If a name is taken it is taken (unless it is taken by a spambot or something like that). We do not under any circumstances allow the taking of legitimately registered names regardless of activity or postcount. You might think that is unfair but you would be surprised how many members from 2002, 2003 etc with hardly any posts or activity randomly pop up even now and make posts.

In regards to the changing of names the better known and more active you are the more hesitant I am to allow you to have a name change, especially if it is to something completely different from what you originally had. I even turned down a name change from a well known member in the last two weeks because honestly I find it extremely annoying when you see someone with a high postcount posting and you don't know who they are, only to come to realise it is a member you know very well.

Reactions: nukeboy95

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In short no. If a name is taken it is taken (unless it is taken by a spambot or something like that). We do not under any circumstances allow the taking of legitimately registered names regardless of activity or postcount. You might think that is unfair but you would be surprised how many members from 2002, 2003 etc with hardly any posts or activity randomly pop up even now and make posts.

In regards to the changing of names the better known and more active you are the more hesitant I am to allow you to have a name change, especially if it is to something completely different from what you originally had. I even turned down a name change from a well known member in the last two weeks because honestly I find it extremely annoying when you see someone with a high postcount posting and you don't know who they are, only to come to realise it is a member you know very well.
I understand what you mean , you have a point. I sort of agree with you. Oh well , thanks for the response.

You would have to ask a Supervisor or Administrator for help with that.
Hope this helps!
I was gonna keep everything else the same.

IMRAN_PETER

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria

Well, I have mistakenly added my real name as GBAtemp username...:D
would be great help if I can Change it to some like IMRAN_PETER which I commonly use...:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't...