Hardware Chances this is legit

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 5,502
  • Replies 50
D

Deleted User

OP
I was looking to buy a cheap used wii u off ebay today (not enough games for me to consider a new full price one)
Then I saw this-
https://www.ebay.com/itm/292297714319
I bought it quickly without thinking and know I'm realizing that might not have been a good idea.
What are the chanches that this isn't a scam? At least it doesn't have a generic stock photo of the wii u :D

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
20 dollars?
Like... for real?
That's shady af, I really hope you get what it's advertised.
However, if it is not, then 20 bucks reclaim is not much and could easily be demanded back for sure.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We'll know in about a month.

My bets are you'll turn that shit on and it'll just have the same graphics as a one of these:
Tiger-Electronics-2-500x361.jpg

Last edited by DKB,

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fake Wii U for sure.

But anyways...
To start off, a Wii U console with controllers and "new" like condition for $20 average is the craziest thing ever.
The post is also from a new profile that joined this month with 0 reviews which makes his posts non-credible what so ever.

Sorry to say, but you got robbed.

D

Deleted User

OP
Well i guess we'll see.

20 dollars?
Like... for real?
That's shady af, I really hope you get what it's advertised.
However, if it is not, then 20 bucks reclaim is not much and could easily be demanded back for sure.
Thats exactly why i took the chance, 20 bucks isn't much to reclaim.

Is it realistic to get a used wii u for under $60? I'm talking like the crappiest physical condition possible, heck it doesn't even have to read discs since i only use digital games.
Only reason I want one is because I won't be able to use my wii u until around a year and a half.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking to buy a cheap used wii u off ebay today (not enough games for me to consider a new full price one)
Then I saw this-
https://www.ebay.com/itm/292297714319
I bought it quickly without thinking and know I'm realizing that might not have been a good idea.
What are the chanches that this isn't a scam? At least it doesn't have a generic stock photo of the wii u :D
Oh hell no! Why the (I won't say something I'd regret) buy this. The location is even in Chinese! That's a big no-no. Why would you buy it, even on accident. At first I thought it said $200 and I was gonna say it was too much. You're covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee, you just have to prove what you recieved was not what was expected. And you didn't think that a 'New' Wii U out of the box is a scam?

eBay Description of New said:
A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable). Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, unless the item is handmade or was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

(not enough games for me to consider a new full price one)
There are no 'new, full price ones' anymore. You can buy a refurbished Wii U on sale for $200 on Nintendo's online store. Cancel your order if possible.

Last edited by aykay55,

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it realistic to get a used wii u for under $60? I'm talking like the crappiest physical condition possible, heck it doesn't even have to read discs since i only use digital games.
Only reason I want one is because I won't be able to use my wii u until around a year and a half.

Dude, the gamepad controller itself costs over $60 used. Not very realistic at all.

Reactions: TankedThomas
D

Deleted User

OP
Dude, the gamepad controller itself costs over $60 used. Not very realistic at all.
Yeah I'm beginning to see that. I managed to a used console with a broken disk drive (but otherwise works fine) for $50.00. Seller had good reviews and was also very friendly and answered both of the messages that I sent him before and after I bought it. Now I have to track down a gamepad for it since I want to install CBHC. This will be fun... :glare:

D

Deleted User

OP
Just saw another chinese user with no reviews selling a wii u and two controllers for $16... I didn't know this was that common :D
Although this one didn't even bother to upload a picture

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning