Hacking Chances of getting my son banned from the PSN due to using the same ID for the PS4 & Vita?

vault412

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PS4 along with my PlaystationPlus subscription. I downloaded all the monthly games and my son plays online often. I also purchased quite a few retail games from the PSN (Goat Simulator, Minecraft, etc).

I just picked up a Borderlands 2 Bundle(came with 8gb memory card) not too long ago and I've yet to use the BL2 code yet. I also want to use my PS+ to download the monthly games. However, I want to install HENkaku on it so my son can play backups/vpks and what not. He also likes the Remote Play, PS4 to Vita.

Can I just use my PS4 login for both my PS4 & Vita? Remote Play is a big thing for my son as well as playing backups. What is the risk of my son getting banned from the PSN for using my PSN ID for the PS4 and the Vita with HENkaku?

Do I have any other options?

senas8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PS4 along with my PlaystationPlus subscription. I downloaded all the monthly games and my son plays online often. I also purchased quite a few retail games from the PSN (Goat Simulator, Minecraft, etc). I'm in the same boat like your self. My son plays online... PSN PLUS...Etc. So I made a dummy account and I only use henkaku with that. That's what I did. But I bought a second vita .. Just for that. I was banned before at the beginning of ps3 custom firmware and lost a lot if games ..as my account was banned. And I learned my lesson. We don't know what don't will do. So to be safe. Stay away from psn.. With henkaku if you have put money into your account. .. My 2 cents.

I just picked up a Borderlands 2 Bundle(came with 8gb memory card) not too long ago and I've yet to use the BL2 code yet. I also want to use my PS+ to download the monthly games. However, I want to install HENkaku on it so my son can play backups/vpks and what not. He also likes the Remote Play, PS4 to Vita.

Can I just use my PS4 login for both my PS4 & Vita? Remote Play is a big thing for my son as well as playing backups. What is the risk of my son getting banned from the PSN for using my PSN ID for the PS4 and the Vita with HENkaku?

Do I have any other options?

I bought a second vita for henkaku ..as I was banned back in the ps3 cfw days..and lost a lot of money/games.

Last edited by senas8,

Ray2R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't care if I get banned. I have spent about 500$ on digital games. But not like I'd play them again anyways. And my name is terrible, picked it a long time ago. I don't really care if I get banned really. Because for me I want them to ban me so I have incentive to make a new name lol. Ran out of PS+ a while ago also.

vault412

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I ask why you would use your main account anyways then if you are afraid of getting banned?

My PS4 is what I use, has my PS+ and a few full games I bought like Uncharted Collection. The Vita is my sons, he likes to use Remote Play, he can put say Minecraft or whatever disc in the PS4 and stream it to the Vita. Unless I use my PS4 PSN username on my Vita(that is hacked) I don't think Remote Play will work, correct?

haojiezhu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My PS4 is what I use, has my PS+ and a few full games I bought like Uncharted Collection. The Vita is my sons, he likes to use Remote Play, he can put say Minecraft or whatever disc in the PS4 and stream it to the Vita. Unless I use my PS4 PSN username on my Vita(that is hacked) I don't think Remote Play will work, correct?

Yes, remote play requires the same account. And if that account gets banned, you won't be able to access anything in it including PS4/PS3/PSP/Vita/movie/music purchases. Since you already used this account on a modded Vita, I suggest you creating a new account for future PS4 game purchases. Unlike Vita, you can easily switch between accounts on PS4.

Last edited by haojiezhu,

vault412

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, remote play requires the same account. And if that account gets banned, you won't be able to access anything in it including PS4/PS3/PSP/Vita/movie/music purchases. Since you already used this account on a modded Vita, I suggest you creating a new account for future PS4 game purchases. Unlike Vita, you can easily switch between accounts on PS4.

I created a separate/throw away PSN account before I installed HENkaku on the Vita, my PS4 account was never used on it. I just wish I could use my main account on both so his Vita could remain modded and still use remote play. Guess you cant have it both ways. Or do I just create an account for my son on the PS4 and have him use that account on the Vita as well so he can stream/RP? And he can do backups as well? If account gets blocked I'll still have mine with the PS+?

Main account is on Vita, PS3 and PS4 and for Original games.
Second account is on second Vita and usable for... You know :P

I just got to find a 2nd Vita, cheap lol. I only paid $80 for the BL2 bundle.

Last edited by vault412,

haojiezhu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I created a separate/throw away PSN account before I installed HENkaku on the Vita, my PS4 account was never used on it. I just wish I could use my main account on both so his Vita could remain modded and still use remote play. Guess you cant have it both ways. Or do I just create an account for my son on the PS4 and have him use that account on the Vita as well so he can stream/RP? And he can do backups as well? If account gets blocked I'll still have mine with the PS+?

That will depend on the way Sony bans users. The way Sony banned people who modded their PS3 was PSN account ban plus hardware ban based on hardware ID. If this is still the way Sony bans user in the future, you should be relatively safe to use the same throw-away account on both PS4 and modded Vita. Because your PS4 is not modded, Sony will PROBABLY only ban your throw-away account and modded Vita. But you never know what Sony is thinking.

mokmoki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i bought a brand new vita slim so i can hack it (came with a low firmware) just for the homebrew. i have a throwaway account on it with only legitimate 1 PSN game (GE:R). i haven't installed any "backups" on it yet, but damn i'm starting to get paranoid that it might get banned too. PSN ban isn't too bad, but a hardware ban would suck big time. :(

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
And how many people have been banned for using a Vita with HENKaku?
For now, exactly 0.
However, maybe Sony will decide to ban users at some point. We don't know if they have a way to know whether users are using pirated games or legitimate ones. Maybe it is undetectable (like CIAs on 3DS), maybe each copy actually has a unique header (though that seems unlikely, as thefl0w stated that dumped games don't have any kind of personal info), maybe they will also ban by comparing which digital-only games the user has played with the ones he actually bought on his PSN account...

Last edited by Deleted member 370671,

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I always say, if online is a must and a priority, then use a seperate console, especially if you have a lot of bought digital content.

There is no telling on what happens. I have multiple consoles like PS3's and Xbox 360s, some were banned, others not and nothing was used differently from other(s) at the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/2UeWMgjwogU?si=PfULn0Jf4XpnU6M_ Now I know how to install m.2