Hacking CFW's - pro or tn

shadowhog006

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well im new to psp CFW~ so i was wondering if you could tell me in simple terms how are pro and tn differ? and
2nd:which of this two are better in game compatibility
3rd:Pro's and Con's

tnx for any information ~

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Pro is better because TN already stopped development. I'd say game compatibility is higher than TN because it has a new ISO loader called inferno and game compatibility for newer LCFW in general is better than older CFW because it has auto-patching for newer games. Older CFWs require prometheus plugin and iso_tool to play newer games.

If you're going to use 6.39 PRO, there's another firmware called 6.39 ME LCFW version (there's the CFW version and LCFW version - only use CFW version on psp 1000s and pre-patched 2000s). I'm not sure, as I haven't used 6.39 ME LCFW, but some people say that it has greater plugin compatibility.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
s4mid4re said:
Pro is better because TN already stopped development. I'd say game compatibility is higher than TN because it has a new ISO loader called inferno and game compatibility for newer LCFW in general is better than older CFW because it has auto-patching for newer games. Older CFWs require prometheus plugin and iso_tool to play newer games.

If you're going to use 6.39 PRO, there's another firmware called 6.39 ME LCFW version (there's the CFW version and LCFW version - only use CFW version on psp 1000s and pre-patched 2000s). I'm not sure, as I haven't used 6.39 ME LCFW, but many some people say that it has greater plugin compatibility.

Just gonna say, with prometheus-4, I have never had to patch a single game.

shadowhog006

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
"but some people say that it has greater plugin compatibility."

some people ive asked told me about psp plugins but i don't know what they do/what they are? im new i just modded my sisters psp 3004 with pro-b6 and all default i just putted the pro-b6,pro update (perma) and the fast recovery ~

so far so good ~ tnx s4mid4re (hitman reborn name?*sword tech*) for advice on the pro didn't know tn stopped ~

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shadowhog006 said:
some people ive asked told me about psp plugins but i don't know what they do/what they are?

Plug-ins are not made by SONY and they allow you to do certain things that are otherwise impossible without. They usually run in the background and only work in conjunction with custom firmwares.
There are a variety of plug-ins for download. CWCheat, for example, reads cheats off of a cheats.db and allows you to choose what cheats you want for any PSP game supported by its database. New Slide allows for the PSPgo to run a program when the handheld slides closed. CMXB allows for custom themes to be used on the XMB. There are others, like in-game custom music players and file management.

Usually plug-ins are placed within a 'seplugins' directory on the root of your memory. However the name of the directory can alternatively be 'plugins' for some custom firmwares.

What controls whether or not a plug-in is turned on is a simple .txt file. The name of the .txt corresponds to when the plug-in is used; GAME.txt is for when games are running, GAME150.txt is for when games running on a 1.50 kernel are running, and POPS.txt is for when PlayStation (PS1/PSX) games are running. I believe there are more .txts, however.

I can't really recall from memory how you'd go about enabling the plug-in in the .txt file, but I'm sure you can look it up and/or find someone else to tell you.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MissingNo._ said:
shadowhog006 said:
some people ive asked told me about psp plugins but i don't know what they do/what they are?

I can't really recall from memory how you'd go about enabling the plug-in in the .txt file, but I'm sure you can look it up and/or find someone else to tell you.
You go into the text file and do the following:

ms0:/seplugins/AdhocToUSB.prx 1

Just an example.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse