Hardware CFW'd PS3 has YLOD'd. Blowdryer won't fix it anymore. Steps of action?

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You can use one of those as an advanced reflow tool (I do too), but reballing is serious s**t, I still can't do it properly after 4-5 test motherboards, and I guess I'll have to go thru at least another 5-10 till I get it right :lol:

the way the guy was talking on the phone..sounds like he knows his shit...he also said he has done it before

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
eh you have a point there..

this is his website: http://www.mv-tech.org/

seem legit?
Dunno man, it's just a normal WiX site (the stuff you can create with no web-designing knowledge at all), but that doesn't mean anything when it comes to repair skills.

One thing's for sure, I'd charge more than $60 (I guess at least 80-90?) for a well-done reballing. But who knows, he might be on the cheap side to incentivate repairs or something.

It's up to you to trust him or not, just wanted to say that reballing is pretty difficult, and usually people ask a pretty penny for it since it absorbs a lot of time, when done properly.

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Dunno man, it's just a normal WiX site (the stuff you can create with no web-designing knowledge at all), but that doesn't mean anything when it comes to repair skills.

One thing's for sure, I'd charge more than $60 (I guess at least 80-90?) for a well-done reballing. But who knows, he might be on the cheap side to incentivate repairs or something.

It's up to you to trust him or not, just wanted to say that reballing is pretty difficult, and usually people ask a pretty penny for it since it absorbs a lot of time, when done properly.

so should I risk getting a reflow?..if it fails within 30 days he said he will do a reball for free...a reball is much more time consuming and more expensive so he said he would do it if the reflow doesn't work out

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so should I risk getting a reflow?..if it fails within 30 days he said he will do a reball for free...a reball is much more time consuming and more expensive so he said he would do it if the reflow doesn't work out
It'll last 30 days, if done properly, but won't exceed 60-90 days, leaving you with no warranty.

Just go for the reballing, and hope for the best.

Reactions: redact

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I side with Wauly here.

Reflowing just isn't going to cut it.
Reball it, spend a little more and guaranteed working again.

Pretty much every 360 that has been reflowed once will RROD again.
I haven't seen a reballed one RROD on the reballed chip.

Reactions: redact

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I side with Wauly here.

Reflowing just isn't going to cut it.
Reball it, spend a little more and guaranteed working again.

Pretty much every 360 that has been reflowed once will RROD again.
I haven't seen a reballed one RROD on the reballed chip.

he won't reball it unless the reflow fails to work in 30 days...because it DOES take a hell of a lot more work than a reflow....damn kinda stuck here....he's the only guy in the tri-state area around OH who does this kind of work...theres a guy in PITT who charges $120 for a reball...and the gas expense to go there, parking...tolls...about $200...no way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs