Hacking CFW Booter black sreeen - Trying to run regionhax with iosuhax

SwimyGreen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a physical JP version of Breath of the Wild and am trying to run it on a US Wii U. I have Haxchi running on SysNand and have been following these guides to remove the region lock:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/regionhax-how-to-get-regionfree-on-wiiu.448468/
https://github.com/Mithrenes/WiiUGuide/wiki/Region-Free-(SysNand-CFW)

I've compiled fw.img from FIX94's branch of iosuhax and have it on the root of my SD card. As far as I know, the next step is to run CFW Booter from the homebrew launcher and I'll be able to access iosuhax/wupserver from there so I can send a Wii U config file to my PC, then I edit a value to set my Wii U to all regions. But everytime I run CFW booter it will show a black screen for several seconds and then dump me back at the loader again. Does the same thing whether fw.img is on the SD card or not.

I've searched and haven't found anyone having issues like this with CFW Booter. Is there something wrong with my set up? I've spent half the day trying to figure this out any my mind hurts.

Last edited by SwimyGreen,

SwimyGreen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind, it's working now. I could've sworn that I tried the new fw.img earlier, but I tried running it this time and iosuhax just ran. Now I can finally play BotW. XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...