Hacking CFG USB Loader + Nintendont = Always default settings?

rorro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
When i use CFG USB Loader to load a gamecube game, it redirects to Nintendont and it loads the game... so far so good, but the settings are always the default ones, so all games are loaded without a memory card, with default region, etc etc

is this normal? Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firstly, this should be posted in the Nintendont thread (but no biggie, just remember for next time)

Yes, this is completely normal behavior. USB loaders will always delete the ninconfig.bin file, or the Nintendont settings file, upon launching a GameCube game, so that nothing conflicts between the two programs. Its an easy fix, though. Go into CFG's settings (I dont know how exactly its arranged, I personally use GX) and find something along the lines of "Loader Settings", "GameCube Settings", "Nintendont Settings", etc. Then, be sure to set autoboot to "on" (this will tell CFG to launch the GameCube game directly, without launching the Nintendont UI first). After that, you can set all of Nintendont's settings within CFG

rorro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks man, that worked. But now i have a different issue. (

Im using CFG, and now it detects the memory card and the region, but it doesnt start in widescreen. Even when i check the widescreen option to be active, it always changes the size of the screen to 4:3 right before the game starts.

When i enter the game using nintendont it keeps the widescreen format, but when i use a loader it forces the screen to be 4:3. I tried with CFG and wiiflow and its the same...

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks man, that worked. But now i have a different issue. (

Im using CFG, and now it detects the memory card and the region, but it doesnt start in widescreen. Even when i check the widescreen option to be active, it always changes the size of the screen to 4:3 right before the game starts.

When i enter the game using nintendont it keeps the widescreen format, but when i use a loader it forces the screen to be 4:3. I tried with CFG and wiiflow and its the same...

There should be an option called "Wii U Widescreen" that you have to enable alongside "Force Widescreen". Basically what Wii U Widescreen does is send a signal to your TV telling it that it needs to render the image in 16:9 rather than 4:3, while Force Widescreen squishes models down so they look normal when widescreen is on (note that this is a hack and can lower game compatibility, so if you're having issues with a game, turn those options off first)

I honestly don't know if CFG is updated to include the Wii U Widescreen setting yet :unsure: you can certainly look, but if it does not, and there is no update, then I suppose you'll have to use Wiiflow (which I know for certain is up-to-date, Nintendont wise), USB Loader GX (my personal preference out of the three), or just use the app

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

rorro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks! Im now using USB Loader GX and its much better that CFG, now everything is working as it should. :)

By the way, i use to have moded versions of the NES and SNES emulator, with covers and all of that... then i updated both for the Pro Controller compatibility, so now i lost the modded versions that included covers... do you know how to fix this by any chance?.. i want to have the covers but i also want the Pro Controller comptibility.

Thanks again!

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmmmm... I honestly dont know, I don't use the Wii emulators very often, so the only suggestion I'm really allowed to make is look and see if the mods themselves that you are using have been updated

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
I want to try get cfg to load gamecube directly but in the settings of cfg i only have under "default gamecube" -> DIOS MIOS, Devolution and Nintendont... No autoboot option so that cfg can load without going to nintendont screen.

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm using cfgloader version 70r78

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
I want to try get cfg to load gamecube directly but in the settings of cfg i only have under "default gamecube" -> DIOS MIOS, Devolution and Nintendont... No autoboot option so that cfg can load without going to nintendont screen.

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm using cfgloader version 70r78

You have to use nintendont, thats what its for. CFG doesnt load GC games

EDIT - you can boot GC games inside CFG, but it still uses nintendont, sorry if that was unclear

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to use nintendont, thats what its for. CFG doesnt load GC games
You can when used in conjunction with nintendont. You need to set CFG to autoboot your gcn games using nintendont. Make sure the nintendont stuff is in the appropriate locations on the sd card and you should be fine

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
You can when used in conjunction with nintendont. You need to set CFG to autoboot your gcn games using nintendont. Make sure the nintendont stuff is in the appropriate locations on the sd card and you should be fine

Yeah i know that, but he said that he wants it to boot straight into the game and not into nintendont, but if you boot it with nindendont in CFG it cuts to nintendont and then loads the game

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you autoboot, you'll still see the Nintendont screen. The guy suggesting otherwise was either unclear in his wording or just doesn't know what he's talking about.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To clarify further, Nintendont will still show up regardless of what loader you use to start it up. Autobooting just makes it so that whatever settings you used last time are run instead of having the previous loader pass a new set of arguments to it.

jameythepoet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen several videos of cfg loader booting a game and it goes directly to loading... No nintendont GUI. It's definitely possible! Still trying to figure it out myself.
I would like to figure out getting Autoboot on, because I've seen that in many different forums as the fix. buuuuuut, if it's not, just wish someone would spill it on how to directly boot games without Nintendont GUI. Youtube search cfg loader Nintendont... It can be done, but how???

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen several videos of cfg loader booting a game and it goes directly to loading... No nintendont GUI. It's definitely possible! Still trying to figure it out myself.
I would like to figure out getting Autoboot on, because I've seen that in many different forums as the fix. buuuuuut, if it's not, just wish someone would spill it on how to directly boot games without Nintendont GUI. Youtube search cfg loader Nintendont... It can be done, but how???

It's probably ABZ's modified version of Nintendont.

Reactions: jameythepoet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Psi has been banned in the state of California. +1