Emulation Cemu very slowly on a strong computer

tieubaubau

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone,

Last night, I tried load some games on cemu are: xenoblade chronicles x, Mario kart 8.... I always get very slowly on per game or crash (force close the Cemu) at starting of games.
My computer is include: 2 x xeon e5-2670 (total are 16 cores), gpu: nvidia quadro k5000, ram 64 gb.
I've updated the newest drivers.

Anyone give me an advise to I can fix the problem, please!
Thank you very much :)

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
well for one thing that GPU is about half of a gtx970 which I'm running fullspeed, and you only need about 3-4 cores max, any more and you loose performance because of the added overhead.
you want a strong single core performance which I guess you lack in those CPU's

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone,

Last night, I tried load some games on cemu are: xenoblade chronicles x, Mario kart 8.... I always get very slowly on per game or crash (force close the Cemu) at starting of games.
My computer is include: 2 x xeon e5-2670 (total are 16 cores), gpu: nvidia quadro k5000, ram 64 gb.

Xeon's are really not that good at gaming, where you need really good single core performance, especially such old ones. That's not as beast a rig as you think it is, sorry.

tieubaubau

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Xeon's are really not that good at gaming, where you need really good single core performance, especially such old ones. That's not as beast a rig as you think it is, sorry.
Are these problems in my GPU?
I see He can runs the New Super Mario Bros on a Xeon e5-1620:

IIYAMA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's a different game . NSMBU isn't as demanding as Xenoblade X and Mario Kart 8
NSMBU can even run full speed on my low end laptop (i5 560M @ 3.0GHz + GT 540M)...
As many people stated , your CPU is not good enough for Xenoblade X and Mk8 . Cemu love fast single thread performance , your CPU has many cores but each core is slow compared to latest CPU .
Same as Dolphin emu which is a dual core application, Cemu does not support multi-core yet . That's why it run slow on your end
An i3 6100 can easily outperform yours in single thread performance . So if you want more speed , either upgrade to the newer Haswell/Skylake or build a HTPC , solely for emulation

Also , keep mind that your E5 2670 isn't in the same league as e5 1620
E5 1620 run at 3.6GHz while your CPU is stuck at 2.6GHz . I'm not even sure you can play Wii Game well on this CPU , let lone WiiU

Last edited by IIYAMA,
Reactions: tieubaubau

tieubaubau

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you very much, IIYAMA!
I had always thought the problem from my GPU. I will replace my pair of CPUs or buy a Wii U console :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you all of you very much!

efen3001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

Well, buy a Wii U, like I did...

crimsonedge11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sandy bridge architecture isn't gonna hack it for a lot of Wii-U games currently. XCX runs full speed on Skylake or better. Unless this emulator gets some really dramatic speed increases (I suppose it's possible), then Sandy Bridge probably won't ever hack it. Anyone claiming to get 25-30fps average on a Sandy Bridge on XCX is lying. And unfortunately people frequently overstate performance on specific games with specific hardware. I was misled into thinking I would get better performance than I actually got when people posted 25-30fps with the same processor, or worse than I got.

I5 2500k even at 4.7ghz doesn't get much higher than 18fps walking around outside in XCX. With about 10fps on the low end. As of 1.7.0b. Anyone claiming otherwise is lying.

Last edited by crimsonedge11,

domjam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sandy bridge architecture isn't gonna hack it for a lot of Wii-U games currently. XCX runs full speed on Skylake or better. Unless this emulator gets some really dramatic speed increases (I suppose it's possible), then Sandy Bridge probably won't ever hack it. Anyone claiming to get 25-30fps average on a Sandy Bridge on XCX is lying. And unfortunately people frequently overstate performance on specific games with specific hardware. I was misled into thinking I would get better performance than I actually got when people posted 25-30fps with the same processor, or worse than I got.

I5 2500k even at 4.7ghz doesn't get much higher than 18fps walking around outside in XCX. With about 10fps on the low end. As of 1.7.0b. Anyone claiming otherwise is lying.

im on an i5 3570k at 4.1ghz and outside so far in xcx im getting around 25fps i do get dips though and would like a solid fps counter. will prob go zen or kaby.

Juunis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys this is my first time posting on these type of forums so I apologize ahead of time if my questions are stupid or somewhat lacking in information.
I'm having a problem with Cemu where I have a somewhat high end computer, but when I try to run Super Mario 3D Land, it is really really slow. What can I do to increase the FPS?

Here are my specs: (Please let me know if I am lacking in information. I will provide them as best as I can)

Processor: Intel i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
RAM: 16GB
Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 960M.

Xalphenos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to sound like a jerk but for the most part laptops should really not be considered anywhere close to high end. And the 960m was a really low end "gaming" laptop gpu.

However I would expect the i7-6700HQ to run Super Mario 3D World decently. It should be hitting 3.1 or 3.3ghz turbo boost as long as it's not thermal throttling. Firstly you should make sure your set to max performance and not save battery in power management. Then you should check for unnecessary tasks running in the background like malware etc. Finally run a temp monitor, something like HW Monitor, to see what your cpu temps are and your cpu frequency.

What FPS are you actually getting in the game?

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the laptop users: most of the laptops that use a nvidia GPU (mine uses 920MX) use by default the CPU to do the graphics if it can. You need to change it using the nvidia control panel, and Cemu will go smoother. Also, you'll se what GPU you are using in the window name. I get the 30fps at 1080p in games like Wind Waker, wich is the most the WiiU go on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: