• Poll closed .

TOSanthony

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, i also indicated the base folder. But anyway it only opens the emulator does not start the game

Batch of one of the games

@Echo off
cmd.exe /c start "" "D:\Emuladores\Nintendo Wii U\Cemu\cemu.exe" /affinity 55 -g "D:\Emuladores\Nintendo Wii U\RPX-Roms\Mario Kart 8\code\Turbo.rpx"
wmic process where name="Cemu.exe" CALL setpriority "high priority"
Rename your game like:

Mario Kart 8 [AMKE01]

And profit

Last edited by TOSanthony,
D

Deleted User

Looks lovely. Would like ability to launch games from shortcuts on desktop.
Keep up your work!

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
There is a couple of viruses according to virus total. I wouldn't really trust this unless the source code gets released.

MKv5d4K.png
Never trust VirusTotal. Use Malwr instead.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
...or you can scan it with your trusted tool/AV like Malwarebytes, ESET etc.
Or you can use Malwr which gives an in depth analysis (PE header information, application strings, MUTEX information, modified registry keys, network traffic, etc.) There are no false positives with Malwr. Even "good" AVs can be triggered by heuristics signatures, which makes them very unreliable. They're also really of no use against crypted binaries.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

POOTERMAN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not working for me,

Renamed all my Wii U games to the required format, ran "Add Games.exe" and pointed to my CEMU installation and game folder, hit the "create batch" button and it just creates a blank Wii U game template.

But what's worse is:

1. "Add Games.exe" disappears after closing "CemuGUI.exe" so you can't add another game!
2. The "Binary" folder where the .bat and .dat files are created automatically deletes all files inside it after you quit "CemuGUI.exe" !

This is using the latest v1.0.0.4 release

:*(

Last edited by POOTERMAN,

TOSanthony

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not working for me,

Renamed all my Wii U games to the required format, ran "Add Games.exe" and pointed to my CEMU installation and game folder, hit the "create batch" button and it just creates a blank Wii U game template.

But what's worse is:

1. "Add Games.exe" disappears after closing "CemuGUI.exe" so you can't add another game!
2. The "Binary" folder where the .bat and .dat files are created automatically deletes all files inside it after you quit "CemuGUI.exe" !

This is using the latest v1.0.0.4 release

:*(

"Add Games.exe" Not required on the 1.0.0.4

Just copy your games to the "Games" folder near "CemuGUI.exe"
and the game and the cover will add automaticaly.

POOTERMAN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TOSanthony - Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I had to give up on your GUI as it was causing too many problems.

1. When I try to launch a game I get the error message telling me Windows can't find "\Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival [AALP01]\CEMU\cemu.exe".

2. It thinks Cemu.exe should be located in every game folder. Why can't we have a config.ini or something we can edit to tell the GUI where CEMU is installed like we had with the "Add Game.exe" command.

Seriously - in v1.0.0.5 How do I tell CEMUGUI where to find cemu.exe???????

3. All my games are labelled using the correct region code, and unfortunately most of them are showing up with "Black" covers.

I don't want to have to rename every one of my game folders with the incorrect region codes just to be able to download the cover art :(

I tried copying custom cover art in to the "Fanart" folder and tried renaming them to the correct game name, i.e. "Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival [AALP01]" and nothing happens - the original "black" cover remains.

How do you make CemuGUI display the cover art you want to use WITHOUT having to rename the name of my game folders all the time?

Please can you give detailed instructions on how the "Fanart" folder is supposed to work please?

Additions I would make:

1. Display in the top centre of the screen the total amount of games that are available to play.

Changes I would make:

1. Type up some proper instructions.

2. Make the GUI more user friendly by letting the user specify where Cemu and the cover art they want to use is installed.

3. When you start CemuGUI, start it at the beginning with games with numbers or that begin with the letter A and not half way through the list at letter M etc.

TOSanthony

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
TOSanthony - Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I had to give up on your GUI as it was causing too many problems.

1. When I try to launch a game I get the error message telling me Windows can't find "\Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival [AALP01]\CEMU\cemu.exe".

2. It thinks Cemu.exe should be located in every game folder. Why can't we have a config.ini or something we can edit to tell the GUI where CEMU is installed like we had with the "Add Game.exe" command.

Seriously - in v1.0.0.5 How do I tell CEMUGUI where to find cemu.exe???????

3. All my games are labelled using the correct region code, and unfortunately most of them are showing up with "Black" covers.

I don't want to have to rename every one of my game folders with the incorrect region codes just to be able to download the cover art :(

I tried copying custom cover art in to the "Fanart" folder and tried renaming them to the correct game name, i.e. "Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival [AALP01]" and nothing happens - the original "black" cover remains.

How do you make CemuGUI display the cover art you want to use WITHOUT having to rename the name of my game folders all the time?

Please can you give detailed instructions on how the "Fanart" folder is supposed to work please?

Additions I would make:

1. Display in the top centre of the screen the total amount of games that are available to play.

Changes I would make:

1. Type up some proper instructions.

2. Make the GUI more user friendly by letting the user specify where Cemu and the cover art they want to use is installed.

3. When you start CemuGUI, start it at the beginning with games with numbers or that begin with the letter A and not half way through the list at letter M etc.

In v1.0.0.5 cemu.exe is located in every game folder and CemuGUI will add games automaticaly

The Fanart folder is for the startup screen when you start a game.
This folder is used if the meta folder is not present in your games or if you want a custom startup screen.

For "black" cover CemuGUI download cover from gametdb website, it appear when the cover is not available on the site.

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
In v1.0.0.5 cemu.exe is located in every game folder and CemuGUI will add games automaticaly

What an astonishingly silly way to implement something... Almost as bad a enforced folder names for games...

If you want people to use and enjoy your front end, you need to make it work with how THEY want things, not how YOU want them.

Last edited by FloatingFatMan,
Reactions: POOTERMAN

TOSanthony

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What an astonishingly silly way to implement something... Almost as bad a enforced folder names for games...

If you want people to use and enjoy your front end, you need to make it work with how THEY want things, not how YOU want them.

I had asked to know what people wanted but I got no response so I took the front, said me if you want to make changes

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
I had asked to know what people wanted but I got no response so I took the front, said me if you want to make changes

Well, I don't use front ends so I didn't bother replying, but I'm happy to offer my 35 years of professional programming and UI design experience if you like. ;)

Your most important customer is the user. These days, people expect software to not only look good, but it has to just work too, with minimal setting up. If your software is remotely difficult to use or configure, they just won't bother with it. You need to give them the choice of where they want to put games. You need to not force any kind of directory structure on them at all or they won't use it.

If you want to offer cover art features, then your best option is to make a best guess based on the folder name, and offer user settable properties per game so they can refine things to locate the correct art. You also need to make sure your front end is as light as possible on system resources because, as we all well know, emulators are complete resource hogs.

Do not limit them on the number of game titles displayed, like some front ends do. Instead, give them a scrollable list with infinite entries. Allow them to set their cover art size to suit their requirements, give them the option to have game metadata displayed, or not, as they wish. Also, do not force full screen or a specific window size for your front end. Users are notoriously fickle and no two will want the same thing, so give them choice.

Reactions: POOTERMAN

TOSanthony

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, I don't use front ends so I didn't bother replying, but I'm happy to offer my 35 years of professional programming and UI design experience if you like. ;)

Your most important customer is the user. These days, people expect software to not only look good, but it has to just work too, with minimal setting up. If your software is remotely difficult to use or configure, they just won't bother with it. You need to give them the choice of where they want to put games. You need to not force any kind of directory structure on them at all or they won't use it.

If you want to offer cover art features, then your best option is to make a best guess based on the folder name, and offer user settable properties per game so they can refine things to locate the correct art. You also need to make sure your front end is as light as possible on system resources because, as we all well know, emulators are complete resource hogs.

Do not limit them on the number of game titles displayed, like some front ends do. Instead, give them a scrollable list with infinite entries. Allow them to set their cover art size to suit their requirements, give them the option to have game metadata displayed, or not, as they wish. Also, do not force full screen or a specific window size for your front end. Users are notoriously fickle and no two will want the same thing, so give them choice.

Ps: I use my gui every day and I think I have simplified its uses at the simplest, the only thing to do is to rename games, the same as on loadiine gx2.
The gui is on version 1.0.0.5, so it's a beginner, I'm not a professional programer and i work on this gui when I have time.
Propose me improvements, I would see to integrate them to the next build.

I added options for fullscreen in gui and cemu,option for background sound and flip, enable or disable Intel HT for cemu.

Thank you for your understanding.

POOTERMAN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Whilst I appreciate the time you've spent on this Anthony I think your GUI is far from "simplified" to quote your words.

I use so many front ends that I gave up on trying to use yours as I have zero control on being able to configure it to how I want it to look.

I even 'regrettably' renamed nearly 50 Wii U game folders to the correct format you specified just to get the artwork to download and then found out that less than 20 covers actually displayed any coverart!!

It would have been so much quicker for me to just download the covers from that website you linked to and put them in a folder that pulled that resource in to your GUI, but your app doesn't even work like that - again because there's zero configuration options available to the end user :(

I also appreciate that you're not a professional programmer and the only 2 people that have been critical of the GUI are 2 programmers with many years experience. Please don't take the criticism the wrong way , just try to work with the advice given and come back with something that offers more control to the end user :)

Some important suggestions:

1. Let the end user 'chose' via a config interface where the CEMU executable is located and also their Wii U game folders. Users may not want to use the version of CEMU.exe that YOU chose to force upon them.

2. Let the end user have the ability to override the auto downloaded cover art if it's not what they want to use. (Give another folder priority to use the artwork within it over the default downloaded artwork)

3. Users should not be forced to put all their game folders inside folders housed within the GUI. Running your GUI currently (in my experience) downloads mostly blank cover art based on the game name found in the games folder.

4. Your GUI currently brings down artwork automatically for any games found within the "cemugui\games" folder. The user is unable to stop this from happening every time your GUI us run which is imho worng. That website does not have all HQ cover art available which means the GUI continually brings down blank artwork making the GUI look horrible. Less than half of the games I have on my system had available cover art and there is no way I can tell your GUI to use alternative artwork of my choosing.

5. Give the user the ability to chose how each game works in CEMU. Let the user enter command line options (i.e. '-f' for fullscreen etc) and will no doubt offer more options going forwards.

6. Spend some more time developing it with the end user in mind and don't rush it - good luck!

TOSanthony

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Whilst I appreciate the time you've spent on this Anthony I think your GUI is far from "simplified" to quote your words.

I use so many front ends that I gave up on trying to use yours as I have zero control on being able to configure it to how I want it to look.

I even 'regrettably' renamed nearly 50 Wii U game folders to the correct format you specified just to get the artwork to download and then found out that less than 20 covers actually displayed any coverart!!

It would have been so much quicker for me to just download the covers from that website you linked to and put them in a folder that pulled that resource in to your GUI, but your app doesn't even work like that - again because there's zero configuration options available to the end user :(

I also appreciate that you're not a professional programmer and the only 2 people that have been critical of the GUI are 2 programmers with many years experience. Please don't take the criticism the wrong way , just try to work with the advice given and come back with something that offers more control to the end user :)

Some important suggestions:

1. Let the end user 'chose' via a config interface where the CEMU executable is located and also their Wii U game folders. Users may not want to use the version of CEMU.exe that YOU chose to force upon them.

2. Let the end user have the ability to override the auto downloaded cover art if it's not what they want to use. (Give another folder priority to use the artwork within it over the default downloaded artwork)

3. Users should not be forced to put all their game folders inside folders housed within the GUI. Running your GUI currently (in my experience) downloads mostly blank cover art based on the game name found in the games folder.

4. Your GUI currently brings down artwork automatically for any games found within the "cemugui\games" folder. The user is unable to stop this from happening every time your GUI us run which is imho worng. That website does not have all HQ cover art available which means the GUI continually brings down blank artwork making the GUI look horrible. Less than half of the games I have on my system had available cover art and there is no way I can tell your GUI to use alternative artwork of my choosing.

5. Give the user the ability to chose how each game works in CEMU. Let the user enter command line options (i.e. '-f' for fullscreen etc) and will no doubt offer more options going forwards.

6. Spend some more time developing it with the end user in mind and don't rush it - good luck!

To redownload cover juste remove Covers and Textures folders after renaming game

POOTERMAN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Users should not have to rename their games!!

Any GUI that requires you to do so isn't worth using.

The GUI should be doing the work - NOT the end user!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay