Hacking Cech 2504A 160gig

allanj87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The ps3 im giving some1 for xmas arrived today, im unable to turn it on and check the firmware atm as i dont have a power connection yet but say its over 3.55 or we and i cant just straight update to a custom firmware whats my options for playing "back ups"

Im assuming any back up i play will run off an external hard drive aswell?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Two options,

* Pay someone to downgrade your PS3. You need to cover both way shipping. (Only do this if you know for sure it can be downgraded, not all 250xx can be downgraded).
* Install ODE, which will work on any OFW. Keep in mind for the model you have you must solder 6 points, 4 of them requires you to de-solder capacitors before you can solder on them. Since you need to de-solder capacitors, consider this method permanent installation.

allanj87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im pretty sure i can downgrade it myself just need to know what my options for downgraidg are?

if its a low enough firmware i can just install a custom ofw yeah? or do i still need to solder?

trumpet-205

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Im pretty sure i can downgrade it myself just need to know what my options for downgraidg are?

if its a low enough firmware i can just install a custom ofw yeah? or do i still need to solder?
It'll be more expensive to downgrade yourselves than to pay someone to do it. E3 Flash alone can cost $100 and other people usually can get it done sub-$100 including shipping. Don't know UK pricing but check.

If OFW is on 3.55 or below, no need to downgrade.

If it is above, you need to downgrade. E3 flasher does have a solderless clip but it is tricky to use.

allanj87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
got my power supply today tried plugging everything in and i cant get any video display on my tv :( tried the hold power button for 5 seconds/10 seconds neither worked. tried 3 diffrent hdmi leads on 2 diffrent tvs but the hdmi port at the back of the ps3 seems terribly loose fitting when i put the cable in any ideas guys?

trumpet-205

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can you tell if it is black screen or no signal? I assumed you let PS3 at idle and hold power button until 3 beeps to reset video settings?

allanj87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Defo no signal TV even said so, held for 5 10 n 15 secs 1 w and 3 beeps still nothing bro :(

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a component or composite cord you could try? A PSX or PS2 cord will work, doesn't have to be one for PS3. If you can get it working that way, you can then go into the display settings and try turning on HDMI manually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm