Homebrew CD-i emu?

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just found the 3 bastard Zelda games, and was wondering if it were possible to emulate the CD-i on the Wii.

the CD-i "roms" aren't that big... think the biggest one is only like 300 or so meg, so fitting it on an SD card wouldn't be hard.

Anyone know anything about emulating the CD-i that could do this?

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
not worth emulating.. really.. just search videos of it on youtube.. it's more than enough!
tongue.gif

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
Not even the cd-i emulator for the pc is in that great of working condition. Although last I heard one of the zelda games was fully playable. If you really want to play them in all of their "glory" you'll have to grab a cd-i system.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
if you have a cd-i you just need to burn them! It reads CD-I copies.

lol i have a cd-i, and have the Link and Zelda games for it original... except the later Zelda game, never actually found it on a store at that time. and... i enjoy them, really. They do have bad controls and stuff, but i dunno i have fun playing them.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
There is no such emulator for Wii and I doubt someone would be interested in developing one. The CD-i system was pretty much a big failure.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The CDI emulator on PC works great, it's just commercial software for some reason. Because I'm sure people are that desperate to play CDI.

There's little interest in emulating the system or playing it. So chances of it being emulated on a non PC system is especially remote.

I've played the Zelda games, as well as Hotel Mario, and they're not even bad in a comedic way like you're probably thinking. They're literally just intolerable, broken games. So just watch the Youtube videos and save yourself the couple gigabytes of hdd space.

Also not sure what you're talking about, Wand of Gamelon is nearly 600MB. Link's Adventure is nearly 500MB. Faces of Evil is 573MB. Hotel Mario is the smallest, at 347MB. Maybe you're looking at some version that has data stripped or something, assuming that's even possible like the Sega CD games.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
The CDI emulator on PC works great, it's just commercial software for some reason. Because I'm sure people are that desperate to play CDI.

There's little interest in emulating the system or playing it. So chances of it being emulated on a non PC system is especially remote.

I've played the Zelda games, as well as Hotel Mario, and they're not even bad in a comedic way like you're probably thinking. They're literally just intolerable, broken games. So just watch the Youtube videos and save yourself the couple gigabytes of hdd space.

Also not sure what you're talking about, Wand of Gamelon is nearly 600MB. Link's Adventure is nearly 500MB. Faces of Evil is 573MB. Hotel Mario is the smallest, at 347MB. Maybe you're looking at some version that has data stripped or something, assuming that's even possible like the Sega CD games.

Zelda's Adventure you mean?

this is definitely possible, and I would love it, because I have a real CD-i and like 23 games I could back up and play via DVD
however, will it get done? not likely!
but we can hope!
IT WOULD BE SO PERFECT,
because the remote for CD-i is basically a smaller wiimote without motion sensing.

someone please make this and be awesome.

the reason why the pc one costs money is because I believe it is semi-"official"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he...