'Castlevania' Netflix TV Show Coming in 2017

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    It would be cool if it was good, but lets face it...there's very very little chance it will be.

Somebody show this guy some Uwe Boll movies.

Subtle Demise likes this.

2. Meteor7

Meteor7 Guess where this thumb goes.

Jun 9, 2014
    United States
    New Jersey
    Oh no, I get how bad it could turn out, but with expectations so low and the trend of videogame-based media sucking so well established, I feel like another terrible flop of a product wouldn't really change much.

3. DarkRioru

DarkRioru Akage Chan's Servent

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    Fluffing Akage Chan's Tail
    ummm, what about danganronpa the animation (dub)?? it was pretty spot on if you watched the first animation and played the first game... unless you are talking about a show based off a video game originating from the west... then, Idk if america could top japan unless we have all the writers play all the games/read the manga etc. to actually learn about what they are trying to adapt to a show so it doesn't turn into complete bullcrap...

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

dude, that was the 80's and early 90's... of course the adaptations were horrid... we didn't have much technology software wise to create animations like we do today... rwby was made in the west if I'm not mistaken...

4. dmace81

dmace81 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 3, 2008
    United States
    I bet its not going to do anything with the game except with vampires. Probably be a teen angst romance bullshit series just like all the other ones out there. Im really not having any faith in the idea. I think a movie would be better.

5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I actually liked Adi Shankar's video linked in the first post. not for the story, but realization and direction.
    He also manages to film with known actors, even in their own roles (The punisher!)

6. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    I know, I wa sjust joking .. but well, dragon ball evolution have plenty of technology and knoledge about the original serie sbut stil... urgh
    an really teher aren't any game cartoon that was really good an canon?
    I mean , mario had a lot of game features but I can't remind if this was canon xD Sonic had that SATam hat was prettynice but canon? nope they just picked the characters and created a whole new universe (to not talk all others sonic cartoons where a big fat fail ... even sonic X that was the most canon went strange õ3o)
    so well the problems isn't the being in 80's or 90's .. they still not good at it but I hope this change this time :P

DarkRioru likes this.
  7. CayFun

CayFun GBAtemp Regular

Feb 10, 2017
    United States
    The depths of Depression
    I remember playing a Castlevania game on the Game boy advance ( I think? ) when i was younger, i remember i couldn't even get passed the first area. Would be nice to see how this turns out.
    EDIT: It was Circle of the Moon, on the GBA Glacier clear.
    EDIT2: I have to play it now.

Last edited by CayFun, Feb 15, 2017