Johnald Everyperson
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Opened up my case today to clean it and prepare it for a couple new parts I ordered and I noticed something. Can't remember if this was a mistake, I did it for a reason, or if it was the optimal choice for airflow efficiency but...here's a diagram:

case01.jpg

The green boxes are 2x80mm fans and the red arrows are the direction of the air. My question is about the upper two fans above the power supply. The way they are facing looks as if they are creating a circle of air up there (pulling in air, psu takes it in and spits it out, that air gets pulled in again and repeats the process). That's not right...or is it?
blink.gif
Do I need to turn the two around so they are exhausting air like the rest of the fans at the back of the case?

Cletebob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure that is the direction your PSU moves air in? Mine pulls air in from inside the case, and blows it out the back, basically the opposite from yours. Wierd...

Also, if you have an aftermarket PSU, you might wanna see if you can flip the fan and reverse the flow. Mine is capable of doing that, but not all are. May be something you wanna check. Good luck!!
grog.gif

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Err, that's exactly what the diagram shows. The PSU pulling air from the case into it through the top and exhausting it out the back..
wacko.gif
The two fans above it pulling some of that same air back into the case and repeating the process. Just got done clearing out dust and flipping the fans though so I'm good now.

Cletebob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ignore my ignorance...I was studying for a pharmacology test, so I was fried...
wacko.gif

My PSU is at the very top of the case, and I see now yours isn't, I was assuming the air at the top coming in was the PSU, now I realize it isn't.

Hope all is working well for you now...and I will shut up...LOL

Katalyst

Johnald Everyperson
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's cool. I'm sure my poorly drawn "airflow diagram" didn't help much. But yes, all seems to be going well so far. Case and fans are clear of dust, airflow looks good, stuff I ordered just shipped today. So I'm ready to pop em in when I get some free time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s