Gaming Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Anyone pre-ordering it here?

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Still two weeks until it lands in Australia, so I've decided to preorder it. After watching a few gameplay clips it's looking to be the best damn 3D Mario game we're going to get this generation.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
European/UK unboxing:​

The front cover certainly looks much better than the American/Japanese but aside that, it's just as empty as the other ones (i.e, health pamphlets, Nintendo Points and disc).​

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
That front cover is like 1000000000000 times better. :o

captain-toad-treasure-tracker-367695.10.jpg
susume-kinopio-taicho-374415.17.jpg
captain-toad-treasure-tracker-378377.28.jpg

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
European/UK unboxing:

The front cover certainly looks much better than the American/Japanese but aside that, it's just as empty as the other ones (i.e, health pamphlets, Nintendo Points and disc).

Damn didnt realize it got released early so it would be down at Game now for sale if I went in tomorrow to buy it?

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
That front cover is like 1000000000000 times better. :o

Yeah, the European cover definitely looks way better than the American/Japanese counterparts.

Here's a large sized photo of the PAL Captain Toad cover:

avsDCGc.jpg

If it wasn't for Captain Toad I'd purchase Watch Dogs Wii U for £23 but I think it'll decrease to £10-15 so no rush for WD.

styckx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like this game, it's a fun little puzzler and understand the $40 price tag is lower than a typical retail game but I'm sort of disappointed in the image quality of the game. Looks 720p with Vaseline smeared on the lens. It's just not crisp presentation. You'd think with such small little levels the graphics would be crisp, clear, and pop in detail.. But they don't. It's as if someone went overboard with FXAA post processing.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/KvIrAn8.jpg

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Got my copy of Captain Toad Today from Smyths!!! Yeay!!! apparently I got the special double disc bonus edition, something to do with Toad & Toadette, so they told me at the counter! :wtf:
ke7osj.jpg

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
ROFL. Now I will need to get a second Wii U so I can play in my bedroom.

Well its not nice really Disc 2 at all, I played a little bit at the beginning to have ago before Disc 1 out of pure excitement and Toadette was holding what I think was a big black 12inch vibrating dildo?, I think, don't get me wrong here but also chasing very quickly by the looks of it Toad around one of the levels and he has to go to get to the star before Toadette shoves it where the sun don't shine!!!! man in my opinion I thought that was a bit wrong tbh and that was only level 1! :O

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
OMG, you are actually serious :lol:

Well, yeah, that caught my interest because for a budget game making a Special Edition was totally unexpected.

Edit:

This review's absolutely fantastic and now I guess the "70 plus levels" are the extra ones (18) you unlock from having a Mario 3D World savefile, so in Toad's it's 88 levels. Sweet that should last for a while with all the unlocking shit! :D

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Good. So everyone's equal 'cause shit like this even if it existed could go for a lot (i.e, Defective Amiibos) and I wouldn't want to miss out on such a rarity.

Or stuff like "Lenticular Sleeve Edition" of DmC PS3? I also hate it when everyone isn't given a fair and genuine chance to get a limited/special edition of a game. Hey, even if I had to enter a raffle. At least let me have the illusion that I could've gotten a limited release vs. hardly being informed about its existence and only being able to get it on eBay from scalpers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision +1