Gaming Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Anyone pre-ordering it here?

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
No, they don't buy an amibo just for this game. They use the amibos they already have.

People who're going to buy these Nintendo Amiibo figures will be collectors, parents buying for kids to play with and gamers who want to use their data on the figures.

I'd be really cool if Amiibo also had Mega Man and Sonic, but can't have 'em all.

fischermasamune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People who're going to buy these Nintendo Amiibo figures will be collectors, parents buying for kids to play with and gamers who want to use their data on the figures.

Well, you can say the same about almost anything in the world of videogames...

People who are going to buy these Vitas will be collectors, parents buying for kids to play with and gamers who want to use the handheld.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
He can't EVEN JUMP!

This reminds me of Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz. Arguably not the worst game in the series, but the jumping ability was not well received and may have taken away from the core experience. Sega rolled back to the classic control scheme in the next iteration in the series, but the difference to Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is that Sega could afford such a change in gameplay. Nintendo is only starting out with Captain Toad as a "series" with the "first" game appearing as a minigame in SM3DW. If they add jumping or mess with the mechanics noticeably, it may take away from the core experience people grew to love in SM3DW. Nintendo can't afford making another sequel here, they need to get it right. In my opinion, jumping just wouldn't fit the game.

Reactions: Bimmel

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wasn't quite serious on this one shinko. ; )

I just read so many bad opinions from people about this game ("so boring!" "Toad cant do anything" "waste of resources") that I had to write something so completely mindless, that even they would scratch their head and think about it.

It's like you said: You see/saw what you get. Even without the new gameplay footage of an E3, people who played SM3DW know what awaits them. A game where you explore an area on different levels with the help of the camera - and the analog stick to move toad, of course. Seems not much these days without any special artstyle / music most other games of this category have. But I think nintendo showed us more than once that they can surprise us with the simplest of ideas.

The game works perfectly without the jumping or even an attack button, there is nothing else what it needs. I completely agree with you that it would more or less lever out the mechanics. It don't need any of this knick-knack.

As you read this, you could think that I just love nintendo and all the things they make.. what a lie that would be. Never finished SM3DW completely, Skyward Sword scared the hell out of me with its disgraceful graphics / motion controls (never worked for me.. or its my sensor bar) and for some decisions I would like to kick them where the sun don't shine.

But better they try something new than the 10th 2D platformer in a row - even if I don't like the artstyle of splatoon or Toads Adventure beeing just not my cup of tea. For the Monkey Ball comparison: Can't tell, never played these games.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The game looks fun, but it also looks so much easy,
and just way too simple for a retail game.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
overpriced for what type of game it is...looks like a run of the "meh" game.

looks just like a downloadable WiiU eShop title to be honest. Which it should have been (then they couldn't ask full price for it!) even the "boss fights" are just going from point A to point B. From what I saw at the E3

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Also I hardly think that it'll be a $60 game. Mario Maker is also listed as a $60 game... and I got the impression that was an eshop game? I might be wrong though.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Also I hardly think that it'll be a $60 game. Mario Maker is also listed as a $60 game... and I got the impression that was an eshop game? I might be wrong though.

Mario Maker is going to be a physical retail game? Huh, I too thought it was an eShop title because I wonder how they can possibly make the game make use of the Blu-ray Disc which the Nintendo-branded one holds up to 25GB (then there's the 50BD).

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I'd be really cool if Amiibo also had Mega Man and Sonic, but can't have 'em all.
Didn't Sakurai say there were probably going to be amiibos of all Smash characters? Chances are there will be Megaman and Sonic ones too, but probably only for Smash. If you want maximum compatibility with things it'd probably be best to just go for Mario or Luigi, lol.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Mario Maker is going to be a physical retail game? Huh, I too thought it was an eShop title because I wonder how they can possibly make the game make use of the Blu-ray Disc which the Nintendo-branded one holds up to 25GB (then there's the 50BD).

Well... The 25th Anniversary Edition of Super Mario All-Stars for the Wii, with a limited production run, special packaging and inlays, was after all only the emulated SNES game on the Wii disc (that's approx. 4MB out of 4.7GB). And that game still demands a lot of money even in used condition. I wouldn't be too surprised if Mario Maker was a physical release as well with just a few hundred MBs of content on the Wii U disc, tops.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Slight thread revival lads:

Eurogamer Preview

"There are now on-rails sections too, levels set in mine carts which rattle around the edges of their densely-packed maps. Gameplay shifts into first-person view via the GamePad screen as you shoot turnips (naturally) at nearby stacks of coins and flying enemies to clear a path and collect your prize. Aiming and firing can be performed via the GamePad's gyro controls, while the TV screen shows an overview of the level. It allows onlookers to shout in and help you with knowledge of what's coming up and where to turn and point your turnip cannon, with some secrets only easily spottable when glancing up at the larger screen.
The game's quick turnaround, just a year on from 3D World, is a savvy move from Nintendo to fill a hole in the Wii U's sparse release schedule.
Other levels are now devoted entirely to boss fights - although there is no actual fighting involved. The level we played involved a screen-filling dragon who spat fire and smoke and whose projectiles we had to scurry between rocky crags to avoid."

Dunno if that's news to any of you (is to me though! :lol: ), but at least there's gonna be extra stuff to look forward to, perhaps not just limited to on-rails mine carts... The preview itself does go on to question whether there's enough to warrant a full priced rrp, but since neither size nor rrp have been confirmed in the first place, that's just guesswork anyway.
Slightly more looking forward to it here then! Would still prefer a bit more info before marking the release date on my calender of course though!

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The US release date of this game is December 5 (which is coincidently the same date that Super Smash Bros. comes out in Europe).

It's up for pre-order on Amazon for $40 (£24) so at least it's not a full retail priced game ($60) still feels like this should have been DLC for Mario 3D World than its own game.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker launches in North America on December 5, Nintendo has confirmed.
http://ign.com/articles/2014/10/07/captain-toad-treasure-tracker-us-release-date-announced

Europe's not that lucky, the game's going for £39 ($63). Screw this overpriced DLC, I'm all for Smash!

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The US release date of this game is December 5 (which is coincidently the same date that Super Smash Bros. comes out in Europe).

It's up for pre-order on Amazon for $40 (£24) so at least it's not a full retail priced game ($60) still feels like this should have been DLC for Mario 3D World than its own game.

http://ign.com/articles/2014/10/07/captain-toad-treasure-tracker-us-release-date-announced

Europe's not that lucky, the game's going for £39 ($63). Screw this overpriced DLC, I'm all for Smash!

Dec 5th is a friday. Isn't that an odd day of the week for a game to come out?

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

Now that you mention it's going to be a pretty tight day on Dec 5th, especially for Super Smash Bros. so if I don't get it between Fri-Sat then it'll be the following week.

Also, remember this is a company who keeps on making strange decisions so releasing a game on a Friday isn't that shocking.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, not at all. All of Nintendo's games have been released on Friday's this generation. Why wouldn't you want it on a Friday? That way you can play it all weekend, or, if you are not a huge nerd, play it Friday, and still go out and be social on Saturday. What day do you prefer? It used to be Tuesdays, but Friday makes the most sense.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi