Capcom's Disney Afternoon Collection Launches April 18th On PS4/XboxOne/PC

032253078a3e2237563d6a5e9fdb14b0.png

Perhaps some of you have fond memories of games like Ducktales or Chip n Dale and haven't had a legitimate way to play these games aside from the remastered Ducktales a few years ago.

Well Capcom has the solution for you with the Disney Afternoon Collection!

That's right! We've collected six classic Disney games and put them in one awesome bundle. Here’s the 4-1-1 on what you’ll get:

GAMES! These are the obvious stars of the show here; you'll get to play the following gems on PS4, XOne and PC with the crispest 8-bit graphics in town:

Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers and Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 – Bring in a friend for classic co-op Capcom platforming action as one of you plays as Chip, and the other as Dale.

Darkwing Duck – Jump in the shoes of superhero Darkwing Duck and fight crime with lots of charm and wits.

DuckTales and DuckTales 2 – Embark on classic treasure seeking adventures through exotic stages as the pogo master millionaire Scrooge McDuck.

TaleSpin – Take to the skies as rad pilot Baloo in a unique take on the shoot 'em up genre, where you get to change the direction of your plane at any time.

The games will also feature some updated mechanics to entice newer players, such as rewind mode for those times you make mistakes, time attacks, and boss rush modes! There is also included concept art from the original releases that can be unlocked and viewed.

The collection will cost $20.

:arrow: Capcom BlogPost

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Not bad. Just another port by Capcom for easy money, I suppose. But Rescue Rangers was one of the first games I ever played, so I'll definitely be getting it just for that.

Reactions: Attila13

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not gonna buy. They could of redone the graphics like they did for duck tales. Hell these titles originally reused the original duck tales assets and engine. There is no good reason they couldn't of remade these with better graphics. Thanks for being ultra super deluxe mega over the top ultimate cheap Capcom

Reactions: LightyKD

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Huge miss if you ask me, these games were made to be replayed on a mobile Nintendo device.
Totally. It could just be that it's not ready, since the Switch is new, but you'd think with something like this, it would not be an issue to bring over unlike AAA titles. I mean, playing Rescue Rangers with a system that's not only portable, but it comes with 2 controllers for multiplayer fun and screwing around.

Reactions: Zense and chavosaur

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope that Capcom knows what they doing.
Capcom to "Know what they are doing?" :rofl2:
  1. Street fighter 5 still isn't doing well
  2. They decided to release ULTRA street fighter 2 for Nintendo switch as the 30 years of street fighter anniversary game for $40 Meanwhile a just as good version still exist on Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 for $10 (Which i may point out is based on it and the switch added contented sounds unreasonable for the price.)
  3. THERE STILL NO MEGA MAN GAME ANNOUNCED THIS YEAR (Also 30 year anniversary of the series, once again, capcom put street fighter ahead of mega Man leaving fans to do their job and maybe what happened with Street fighter X Mega Man To potentially happen again.)
  4. THIS COLLECTION Is $20 for 6 NES games that aren't gonna be on a NINTENDO System? Meanwhile A similar collection (Mega man Legacy Collection) Is $15 and much of the same as this. (sound like potential duck tales tv show promotion if you ask me) O_O
  5. They Made Mega Man Legacy collection... why? Mega man Anniversary Collection which was far better exist and perhaps could been ported with more games and content than before.
Yeah Capcom knows what they are doing. :ninja:]

This is cute, I suppose. I wish they remastered Aladdin from Sega Genesis cause that game was pretty lit, as was the tv series. Capcom made that too, didn't they?
Capcom made Aladin for SNES not SEGA, Sega themself made the sega game. :P

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: Reyn_the_Insane

SonicfanCEMUTesting

One of Sonic fans that is here, because reasons
Trophies
White Space (not a generations reference)
XP
Country
Poland
Capcom to "Know what they are doing?" :rofl2:
  1. Street fighter 5 still isn't doing well
  2. They decided to release ULTRA street fighter 2 for Nintendo switch as the 30 years of street fighter anniversary game for $40 Meanwhile a just as good version still exist on Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 for $10 (Which i may point out is based on it and the switch added contented sounds unreasonable for the price.)
  3. THERE STILL NO MEGA MAN GAME ANNOUNCED THIS YEAR (Also 30 year anniversary of the series, once again, capcom put street fighter ahead of mega Man leaving fans to do their job and maybe what happened with Street fighter X Mega Man To potentially happen again.)
  4. THIS COLLECTION Is $20 for 6 NES games that aren't gonna be on a NINTENDO System? Meanwhile A similar collection (Mega man Legacy Collection) Is $15 and much of the same as this. (sound like potential duck tales tv show promotion if you ask me) O_O
  5. They Made Mega Man Legacy collection... why? Mega man Anniversary Collection which was far better exist and perhaps could been ported with more games and content than before.
Yeah Capcom knows what they are doing. :ninja:]

Capcom made Aladin for SNES not SEGA, Sega themself made the sega game. :P
For 1: Counting sales, scores and controversies (such as R.Mika's slapping her own butt which was removed from the NTSC version and the people really want to see this sexy booty only to discover that you can't see this animation at all)

For 2: They probably ran out of ideas and decided to release and update Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo because SF5 was crap and no one will buy it for the Switch.

For 3: Because the creator left the company and so Capcom has no idea what to do with Mega Man other than overshadowing for at least 5 years. (and the creator decided to make Mighty No.9 with his company Comcept but it sucked so it will better if the creator returned to Capcom and continue making more Mega Man games rather than wasting his time on making something else.)

For 4: They want more money, if you already know about this.

For 5: I dunno, they thought Mega Man Anniversary Collection is a old collection and they want to make a new one.....with just 6 classic Mega Man games released on the NES and not including 7,8,9 and 10 because they think these games are not nostalgic.

I just made like you did.

Last edited by SonicfanCEMUTesting,
Reactions: Zense

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended