Capcom to focus on making Switch games, including Ace Attorney

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Sinon

Sinon Autumn Wolf-Anna

Sep 15, 2015
    Costa Rica
    let me guess...
    AA trilogy, RE:4 AGAIN, Megaman Legacy

I hope I'm wrong...

Red771 likes this.
  2. DarthVitrial

DarthVitrial Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2014
    United States
    Switch Ace Attorney...
    The n3DS is still my favorite handheld but I guess I'm getting a Switch.

3. Jacklack3

Jacklack3 ( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here

Oct 6, 2015
    Canada
    In your basement Dick Size: 5 meters.
    Can't wait till I get a switch, then when a AA game releases i'll do the motion of objecting and feel like the most badass lawyer in the world for finding someone said a different number.

4. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend ~Apprentice Game Designer~

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    Oh my god, that's fantastic! Hell, even just knowing for sure that a new Ace Attorney is in the works is exciting!

5. jDSX

jDSX Is a furry

Jun 15, 2015
    United States
    New doink city
    I was thinking the same thing lets hope not

Red771 and Sinon like this.
  6. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Capcom COO? You don't mean CEO? :unsure:

Also I better see a new mega man game, capcom already practically gave us the middle finger this year for the 30 anniversary about getting our hopes up:glare:

7. Gizametalman

Gizametalman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 18, 2015
    Mexico
    D.F. - Zona Cero.
    I can imagine their plans:

- Street Fighter 2 The New Challengers Alpha Tournament Championship Turbo Edition: Zero
    - Megaman 1
    - Megaman 2
    - Megaman 3
    - Megaman 4
    - Megaman 5
    - Megaman 6
    - Megaman Battle Network
    -NO MEGAMAN ZERO NOR X AS THOSE ARE WAY TOO FANCY-
    - Ace Attourney

And Thats it.

Red771 and DarthDub like this.
  8. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemps Midna

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    The Twilight Realm
    with what they have pulled off on the 3ds, well...I am quite interested what can be visually done by them on a console, I feel like it could be great

ClassyDragon likes this.
  9. Seliph
    This message by Seliph has been removed from public view by Issac, Nov 11, 2017, Reason: Not an imageboard.
    Nov 11, 2017
  10. gothicall

gothicall Blah blah blah!

Apr 29, 2010
    Colombia
    Do I really want a Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective port for Switch? AW YEAH!!

11. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    RE4 is often considered one of, if not the best Resident Evil games, so I'm gonna have to disagree. I'll agree 5 isn't very good and the only thing worth playing in 6 is Leon's campaign, but RE4 and RE Revelations are pretty solid games.

elBenyo likes this.
  12. leon315
    This message by leon315 has been removed from public view by Issac, Nov 11, 2017, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Nov 11, 2017
  13. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    Not excite just yet.. I will have to wait and see what they are going to make for Switch next.. I do not care about Ace Attorney.. not my type of the game. I dont absolutely trust Capcom at all until they won me over first.

14. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 28, 2015
    capcom will support with its basic games that the 3ds had, i cant see them releasing anything major....... like Resident Evil (other than..... yup 3Ds port)

15. Pachee

Pachee GBAtemp Fan

Nov 3, 2015
    United States
    Yeah, it is just more PR bs. If they were serious about making games for it they would have jumped in and made some serious announcements months ago.

Can't blame them anyway, most third party companies are burned already from the bad sales their expensive titles had on the wii/wiiu/3ds. Feels like they have completely gave up on nintendo devices.

16. Retroboy

May 28, 2015
    the switch (regardless what the fanboys say) is the same old for nintendo, when the cheap company finally releases a console with better hardware then the devs port the old games that nintendo couldnt get first time round.

and whats putting it down is that these old ports are costing more to buy than it does for PS4/XBX1 that are superior versions of said game that (if) gets ported.

nintendo fanboys defend this crap because they get to play while having a shite, sorry but any normal person would agree, its not worth paying £50 for an old game, or a game that has features removed and has been dumbed down.

no one would pay £2 for a cheap brand of bread when a premium brand is only £1.

I can see the cost of these games having an impact on sales thats why we always see devs port old titles because its cheaper for them, then when sales are not as good theres not much loss of investment and then they dont support nintendo with its AAA titles and again nintendo end up with basic games.

im sure nintendo do this deliberate, release cheap inferior hardware to not only rake in profits on sales, but it limits the competition and ensures its games sell better.

ive grown tired of having nintendo consoles to just play old games i already own, or played years ago and to be limited to the same old nintendo titles.

yes everyone loves mario but god there is only so many times you can rinse/repeat the same shit over and over, at least the other consoles bring new titles and no im not talking about its genrea like an fps is an fps, but mario its always enter level collect star rinse repeat fight boswer save peach.

when youve done so many levels of collecting a star and repeating it gets boring.

17. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    How about a new Breath of Fire instead

18. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Just a port? At this point, we need a sequel.

19. tiamat999

tiamat999 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2013
    United States

Well a simple gamer solution to this error is owning multiple consoles and a decent pc

elBenyo likes this.
  20. Retroboy

May 28, 2015
    but doesnt resolve the problem, come nintendo's next console we will be hearing their so called promise to do better and get better dev support...... its not like we havent been hearing this tune since the n46.

nintendo have to rely on gimmicks to reel people in, if they didnt steal the idea of the morphus x300 then it would have been another wii u.

21. tiamat999

tiamat999 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2013
    United States
    I think the problem is the industries reliance on how powerful something is instead of figuring out ways to make the games look good on a specific hardware

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

And that morphus thing looks like crap get s shield

Xabring and elBenyo like this.
  22. Retroboy

May 28, 2015
    agreed it does look bulky but its exactly what nintendo have copied off, difference is bet this has higher resolution, is able to push to tv over network