QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
As clear as water.

RE long-time fans have been BEGGING to Capcom to release a remake of RE 2 & 3 to new gen consoles.
The hype and discussion has been there ever since the release of the RE Remake circa 2003 or so.

Nintendo, on the other hand, has pleased Zelda fans with an upcoming remake of Majora's Mask for the 3DS.
Since the release of Ocarina of Time 3D, many fans started threads and discussions about the possibility of a remake one of the most underrated yet amazing games in the franchise...
And now we are at least than a month to have the product in our hands.

Why is it so difficult for Capcom to understand?
Do they do their proper marketing and demographic research?
Highly doubt it, and seeing how RE2 is regarded often as the best of the series along RE 4 (myself included in this opinion), it is even harder to understand why they don't do so.

It will sell more than Corn Flakes, that's for sure!

So, what do you guys think about this?

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As clear as water.

RE long-time fans have been BEGGING to Capcom to release a remake of RE 2 & 3 to new gen consoles.
The hype and discussion has been there ever since the release of the RE Remake circa 2003 or so.

Nintendo, on the other hand, has pleased Zelda fans with an upcoming remake of Majora's Mask for the 3DS.
Since the release of Ocarina of Time 3D, many fans started threads and discussions about the possibility of a remake one of the most underrated yet amazing games in the franchise...

Highly doubt it, and seeing how RE2 is regarded often as the best of the series along RE 4 (myself included in this opinion), it is even harder to understand why they don't do so.

MODS OR ADMINS:
Please add the "p" in the title to spell "Capcom", I didn't see that mistake
Also rember how they screwed mega man????

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also rember how they screwed mega man????

"who's megaman?"
RIPIP Mega Man
1987 - 2014
GGAfwLY.png

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Nintendo keeps on making Zelda remakes for an SD gaming device and what you're asking for would be HD remakes which would've cost Capcom a lot more plus considering they're not financially stable that's not possible without some company funding them to do so.

3DS is literally the Zeldabox for Zelda fans and I wouldn't be surprised if 3DS gets a Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword remake, and a new Metroid game while Wii U is left bare-bones (although there's at least one actual new Zelda for Wii U coming so that's something).

The big N should've just killed the Wii U and stick to the 3DS as it's obvious they're focusing all their attention on the 3DS.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Nintendo keeps on making Zelda remakes for an SD gaming device and what you're asking for would be HD remakes which would've cost Capcom a lot more plus considering they're not financially stable that's not possible without some company funding them to do so.

3DS is literally the Zeldabox for Zelda fans and I wouldn't be surprised if 3DS gets a Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword remake, and a new Metroid game while Wii U is left bare-bones (although there's at least one actual new Zelda for Wii U coming so that's something).

The big N should've just killed the Wii U and stick to the 3DS as it's obvious they're focusing all their attention on the 3DS.

but mu Hyrule Warriors Waifus

But they did make a remake for Wii U or nobody likes Wind Waker HD now??
the think is that they had a warm reception mainly because only extreme fanatics bought the bundle and 5 of the 10 people that had a Wii U back then bought it.
and I also think that they decided to release Majora's Mask on 3DS because half the work was already done, they had a working engine and assets to boot.

Now if they have plans of a Twilight Princess Wii U remake, take all of my rupees. if they do it for 3DS, take only 1 rupee.

Castleman? Or Megavania?
I think the first should be the name of the robot and the second the genre. :P

Castlerockeroid. I prefer Rockman.
That would work very well, but maybe too similar to Metroid(you know, shooting things instead of slashing/whipping), they could add the twist of the weapon rock/paper/scissors to make it different and refresh the metroidvania formula a little.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
but mu Hyrule Warriors Waifus

But they did make a remake for Wii U or nobody likes Wind Waker HD now??
the think is that they had a warm reception mainly because only extreme fanatics bought the bundle and 5 of the 10 people that had a Wii U back then bought it.
and I also think that they decided to release Majora's Mask on 3DS because half the work was already done, they had a working engine and assets to boot.

Now if they have plans of a Twilight Princess Wii U remake, take all of my rupees. if they do it for 3DS, take only 1 rupee.

Castlerockeroid. I prefer Rockman.
That would work very well, but maybe too similar to Metroid(you know, shooting things instead of slashing/whipping), they could add the twist of the weapon rock/paper/scissors to make it different and refresh the metroidvania formula a little.

Have you ever played Monster Tale? It's a pretty fun little metroidvania for the DS where you can shoot things and you can get special elemental abilities. It's not really megaman style, but it's still fun.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Have you ever played Monster Tale? It's a pretty fun little metroidvania for the DS where you can shoot things and you can get special elemental abilities. It's not really megaman style, but it's still fun.

I did and loved it. a little too short and easy bosses but excellent game.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As clear as water.

[citation needed]

Nintendo has made lazy remakes instead of Capcom.

PRAISE BE TO NINTENDO.

I'd rather have brand new games than "remakes" that are about the quality of updated ports.

They do, and it shows that you're wrong. You're being an armchair business consultant. Capcom pays people to analyze demographics, look at public demands, see what will sell. You thought in your mind "I want a RE2/3 remake, ergo everyone wants one!" and made a shitty thread saying "CAPCOM IS SO DUMB MEANWHILE NINTENDO IS BRILLIANT."

Congrats bro.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
[citation needed]

Nintendo has made lazy remakes instead of Capcom.

PRAISE BE TO NINTENDO.

I'd rather have brand new games than "remakes" that are about the quality of updated ports.

They do, and it shows that you're wrong. You're being an armchair business consultant. Capcom pays people to analyze demographics, look at public demands, see what will sell. You thought in your mind "I want a RE2/3 remake, ergo everyone wants one!" and made a shitty thread saying "CAPCOM IS SO DUMB MEANWHILE NINTENDO IS BRILLIANT."

Congrats bro.
What?
Capcom analyzes demographics?
in what universe or dimension do they do that?
Because they have been doing nothing but turning back on long-time fans.

Megaman, Resident Evil and DMC are some of the most well known in which Capcom just isn't caring or screwed up big time.
Megaman for instance has yet to be seen in this decade, last time we got something related to a proper Megaman release it was Megaman 10, that's it.

With both creators for Megaman and RE out of Capcom, I see it hard for those franchises to come back to glory.
Keiji Inafune and Shinji Mikami were two of the greatest names in Capcom and they parted ways with it.
You can't even say that Capcom is doing demographic research when they are clearly not doing that.

Come on... Just a quick glimpse on internet forums will make you realize that people want those things from Capcom more than anything.

And I didn't say Nintendo is brilliant, simply that they listened to the fans demand of Zelda MM, clearly something odd in this day in age.

Reactions: weatMod

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we please get a remake of a BN game for 3DS? No not virtual console, REMAKE!

As a RE fan who got in at 4 (why.... first 3 seem so weird in third person...) I hope if they do remake a RE game they include a option for FP, can't get used to TP...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What?
Capcom analyzes demographics?
in what universe or dimension do they do that?
Because they have been doing nothing but turning back on long-time fans.

Megaman, Resident Evil and DMC are some of the most well known in which Capcom just isn't caring or screwed up big time.
Megaman for instance has yet to be seen in this decade, last time we got something related to a proper Megaman release it was Megaman 10, that's it.

With both creators for Megaman and RE out of Capcom, I see it hard for those franchises to come back to glory.
Keiji Inafune and Shinji Mikami were two of the greatest names in Capcom and they parted ways with it.
You can't even say that Capcom is doing demographic research when they are clearly not doing that.

Come on... Just a quick glimpse on internet forums will make you realize that people want those things from Capcom more than anything.

And I didn't say Nintendo is brilliant, simply that they listened to the fans demand of Zelda MM, clearly something odd in this day in age.

Megaman has sold like shit for a while, they only make the downloadable games because a big release is too costly.

They tried innovating with RE6 and it failed. So they're going back to more familiar ways with Revelations.

DmC sold pretty well despite all the hate, and what sells is what they make.

Internet forums don't mean shit. Go to a Megaman forum and you'll hear a ton of whiny Megaman fans but how many people are those? A couple hundred or maybe a thousand? They need to push millions, not cater to a small fanbase.

Also Inafune is a hack, enjoy your Mighty No. 9 that you put Kickstarter money into like 3 times.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can we please get a remake of a BN game for 3DS? No not virtual console, REMAKE!

As a RE fan who got in at 4 (why.... first 3 seem so weird in third person...) I hope if they do remake a RE game they include a option for FP, can't get used to TP...
What's BN?
RE has never been FPS as far as I know.
They have all been Third Person Shooters, or as some people call it "Over the Shoulder"
The first 3 (and CV) had something called fixed camera, from 4 and up it was TPS.

I think you are referring to something like what they did with Lost In Nightmares for RE5.
In there you had an option to either play with a Fixed Camera perspective similar to that of the RE Remake, or the normal camera used in the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free