Hacking Can't update from 11 to 11.1

Bjnido35

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try another internet connection. This is odd. Based on Akira's advice, how many times have you tried downloading the update? Also, does your router have custom DNS settings that override the 3DS's?

I'll see if I can do another and reply. In meantime: I am actually well aware of Akira's thing, that's happened to me several times as well. However it does not seem the case in this situation. In Akira's, the bar gets a little farther each time as it is downloading more of the update each time. In this, it always is from the beginning and stop and the same little ways in before giving the message.

Also, I am not aware of anything with my router. Also, my router hasn't changed at all over the course of my 3DS hacking stuff, never had an issue.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try another internet connection. This is odd. Based on Akira's advice, how many times have you tried downloading the update? Also, does your router have custom DNS settings that override the 3DS's?
Just tried another wifi, same thing

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll see if I can do another and reply. In meantime: I am actually well aware of Akira's thing, that's happened to me several times as well. However it does not seem the case in this situation. In Akira's, the bar gets a little farther each time as it is downloading more of the update each time. In this, it always is from the beginning and stop and the same little ways in before giving the message.

Also, I am not aware of anything with my router. Also, my router hasn't changed at all over the course of my 3DS hacking stuff, never had an issue.

Just because your router settings didn't change, doesn't mean Nintendo didn't implement another check or something on their end to change the process.

I just assumed, and didn't ask, but are you physically located in the region that your 3DS is set to? And if you set up the region as USA, did you set the state/territory as well? Just going down the list of random things.

Edit: Do you have an EmuNAND or just SysNAND? Did you set the two settings for SysNAND on the Luma3DS config? (updated SysNAND AND (A9LH) option)? If yes to all of those, try this https://gbatemp.net/threads/a9lh-luma3ds-sysnand-wont-update.428910/#post-6399684

Last edited by OrGoN3,

Bjnido35

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because your router settings didn't change, doesn't mean Nintendo didn't implement another check or something on their end to change the process.

I just assumed, and didn't ask, but are you physically located in the region that your 3DS is set to? And if you set up the region as USA, did you set the state/territory as well? Just going down the list of random things.

Yes I am. I am in Minnesota, USA and that is what my 3DS is set to.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My main is EmuNAND, so I'll try that link and report back.

Are you trying to update EmuNAND or SysNAND? I assumed sysnand. Make sure you have the correct options ticked off for the Luma3DS config. The options have changed a bit since you used it last. Other than that I would try the one I linked. I'm sorry you are having such difficulties. :(

Bjnido35

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you trying to update EmuNAND or SysNAND? I assumed sysnand. Make sure you have the correct options ticked off for the Luma3DS config. The options have changed a bit since you used it last. Other than that I would try the one I linked. I'm sorry you are having such difficulties. :(

I'm trying to update EmuNAND, ummm does that change something? Little confused now.

Also just want to say that thus far, I appreciate all the help.

Reactions: OrGoN3

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to update EmuNAND, ummm does that change something? Little confused now.

Also just want to say that thus far, I appreciate all the help.

It only changes the Luma3DS options in the main config. Also, if you did update through recovery mode, like I suggested, it would've updated SysNAND and not emuNAND. You must update emunand through the system settings option, otherwise it'll update sysnand.

May I ask, why do you still use emunand with an A9LH setup?

Bjnido35

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It only changes the Luma3DS options in the main config. Also, if you did update through recovery mode, like I suggested, it would've updated SysNAND and not emuNAND. You must update emunand through the system settings option, otherwise it'll update sysnand.

May I ask, why do you still use emunand with an A9LH setup?

Well, idk, I was used to EmuNAND and it just felt like one extra thing of safety.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, idk, I was used to EmuNAND and it just felt like one extra thing of safety.

What version is your sysnand on?

I understand. At this point, A9LH cannot be overwritten with a firmware update, due to write protection provided by Aurora/Luma3DS. Having emunand just makes things more difficult at this point (like installing GBA). Most people just use sysnand now, but that is up to you. Either way you still need to get your system updated, lol. And thank you for appreciating the help.

And you're certain you didn't install any TWL cia's? If so, I'd suggest that other post I linked to. I just updated my O3DSXL from 11.0.0-33U to 11.1.0-34U, so it's not a Ninty server issue.

Last edited by OrGoN3,

Bjnido35

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What version is your sysnand on?

I understand. At this point, A9LH cannot be overwritten with a firmware update, due to write protection provided by Aurora/Luma3DS. Having emunand just makes things more difficult at this point (like installing GBA). Most people just use sysnand now, but that is up to you. Either way you still need to get your system updated, lol. And thank you for appreciating the help.

And you're certain you didn't install any TWL cia's? If so, I'd suggest that other post I linked to. I just updated my O3DSXL from 11.0.0-33U to 11.1.0-34U, so it's not a Ninty server issue.

My sysNAND is back on 9.2 :P

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL! After updating my O3DSXL from 11.0 to 11.1, I received a notification that system update 9.6.0-24 U is now available!!!!! :3

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh.....oh wow. :P

Also, just to make sure, should I be going ahead with that link?

Yeah. Give it a try. Hopefully it'll work for ya.

Not using anything that requires 9.2 just means you can do an updated sysnand setup if you want to. You by no means have to do that.

I have one additional thought if you want to try before the link. One last shot, although I doubt it'll do anything. Do you have Mii plaza or whatever installed? If so, click on it and it'll go through an update of its own. Maybe Ninty wants you to update this prior to 11.0->11.1? I have no reason to think that way, it's just a last thought.

Bjnido35

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. Give it a try. Hopefully it'll work for ya.

Not using anything that requires 9.2 just means you can do an updated sysnand setup if you want to. You by no means have to do that.

I have one additional thought if you want to try before the link. One last shot, although I doubt it'll do anything. Do you have Mii plaza or whatever installed? If so, click on it and it'll go through an update of its own. Maybe Ninty wants you to update this prior to 11.0->11.1? I have no reason to think that way, it's just a last thought.

I actually already have that updated. Bought the new games and everything. :)

Also, a little nervous to try that thing on the link. Never done anything with Godmode9. Anything I should know about those instructions.?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually already have that updated. Bought the new games and everything. :)

Also, a little nervous to try that thing on the link. Never done anything with Godmode9. Anything I should know about those instructions.?

Yes. You are going to be fuxing around with things you shouldn't mess with, under normal circumstances. So just follow that user's instructions, to the 'T'.

You have A9LH so if you want just make two NAND backups before you start: one of your emunand and one of your sysnand. Then copy them to a PC so you have them backed up. If anything goes wrong, you can restore from those backups via Hourglass9 or Emunand9 or whatever you have on there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)