iOsheriko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
hey guys,
i just bought an RGH'd slim 360 running Aurora dashboard 2nd hand, and when connecting the external HDD it came with to my PC(in order to transfer backups),
it only shows 2 files:
launch.ini
System Volume Information.exe
I tried using both Horizon and FATXplorer, both only show a 16GB partiton where the game save files are located.
How can i access the rest of the partitions? it clearly shows there is over 80GB available out of 500, yet i can't see the rest of the files.
Thanks in advance =)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
External HDDs need to be formatted to FAT32 in order for a RGH/JTAG box to be recognized as a game drive.
I advise against using USB drives to load games as the internal drive is much faster and more reliable.

Anyway, does the 360 come with an internal HDD?
If not, you can just plug in any sized 2.5 inch drive and it'll recognize it after you've formatted it.

If you really want to use the external drive, format it to FAT32 and follow this tut to set it up.

I recommend you follow that tut and this one.
It'll help you update your 360 and make it ready to play.

Note: you don't need to download and install FSD or follow it to the letter.
You can substitute FSD for Aurora and you can download the latest Dashlaunch from homebrew-connection.org and basically out them on a FAT32 USB drive to load them up for xex menu.

Reactions: iOsheriko

iOsheriko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
External HDDs need to be formatted to FAT32 in order for a RGH/JTAG box to be recognized as a game drive.
I advise against using USB drives to load games as the internal drive is much faster and more reliable.

Anyway, does the 360 come with an internal HDD?
If not, you can just plug in any sized 2.5 inch drive and it'll recognize it after you've formatted it.

If you really want to use the external drive, format it to FAT32 and follow this tut to set it up.

I recommend you follow that tut and this one.
It'll help you update your 360 and make it ready to play.

Note: you don't need to download and install FSD or follow it to the letter.
You can substitute FSD for Aurora and you can download the latest Dashlaunch from homebrew-connection.org and basically out them on a FAT32 USB drive to load them up for xex menu.
Thanks for the quick reply =)
AFAIK, the ext. drive is already is FAT32 format.
The drive itself works and already has games on it, i just want to access the rest of the partitions so i can remove some of them and add some of my own.

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got an RGH'd phat/Jasper 360 a few months ago, and I considered an external HDD, but I ultimately got an internal HDD (empty HDD shell off of eBay for $7, and added a 250GB 2.5" SATA drive I had lying around), and I couldn't be happier. I read that internal is best, so you may be better off going that route.

Just my opinion...

Last edited by XC-3730C,
Reactions: DinohScene

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks for the quick reply =)
AFAIK, the ext. drive is already is FAT32 format.
The drive itself works and already has games on it, i just want to access the rest of the partitions so i can remove some of them and add some of my own.

Open up disk management and see if the partitions are initialized or not.
The 16 GB partition is indeed for saves, but you can use a normal USB drive for that as well.

It could also be that the drive was previously inside the 360, altho I doubt it...
Then those partitions are likely to be system partitions.

iOsheriko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Open up disk management and see if the partitions are initialized or not.
The 16 GB partition is indeed for saves, but you can use a normal USB drive for that as well.

It could also be that the drive was previously inside the 360, altho I doubt it...
Then those partitions are likely to be system partitions.
It shows only a single partition in the disk management.
I might have forgot to mention this, but when i connect the drive to my PC there's a little popup that asks if i want to scan&fix the drive.
Can this fix my problem? i'm afraid it will wipe the whole drive and then i'm really screwed..

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, other then the fact that you just lose a bunch of pirated games, you're not screwed.
Unless you got a profile on it with years worth of gaming history.

Anyway, I'd suggest just backing up the games to your PC and start from scratch.
It eliminates future problems as well.

Sometimes, starting from scratch is better then trying to patch up problems.

iOsheriko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Well, other then the fact that you just lose a bunch of pirated games, you're not screwed.
Unless you got a profile on it with years worth of gaming history.

Anyway, I'd suggest just backing up the games to your PC and start from scratch.
It eliminates future problems as well.

Sometimes, starting from scratch is better then trying to patch up problems.
And that is where we return to our original problem.. i can't even see, let alone backup my games to my PC.
Is there a solution? Or am i stuck with a potato drive with a bunch of shitty games?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hook the drive up to the 360 and log into the 360 via FTP and back them up via FTP?
Be sure both machines are on ethernet as it's the fastest.

iOsheriko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hook the drive up to the 360 and log into the 360 via FTP and back them up via FTP?
Be sure both machines are on ethernet as it's the fastest.
Let's say i do that, or just get a new drive with a larger capacity, how do i set it back up with Aurora and everything else i need?
I don't have any NAND backups or anything of that sort, just the console and the drive.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you want to start from scratch, you got get a 9mm high 2.5 inch drive (max 2 TB) and a cheapo plastic HDD caddy or not, like XC suggested.
You can then internalize everything, which is much quicker, easier and reliable.

A NAND backup can be made with 360 NAND flasher (a homebrew on the 360) and the CPU key can be retrieved from XeLL (boot the console via the eject button)

As for setting up Aurora, if you use me guide I linked as a base and substitute FSD for Aurora, you can easily set it up.

iOsheriko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
If you want to start from scratch, you got get a 9mm high 2.5 inch drive (max 2 TB) and a cheapo plastic HDD caddy or not, like XC suggested.
You can then internalize everything, which is much quicker, easier and reliable.

A NAND backup can be made with 360 NAND flasher (a homebrew on the 360) and the CPU key can be retrieved from XeLL (boot the console via the eject button)

As for setting up Aurora, if you use me guide I linked as a base and substitute FSD for Aurora, you can easily set it up.
I think i will get a drive in the future, but just to be clear,
Is there no way for me to access all of the partitions on my drive? is it completely blocked?

iOsheriko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hook it up to your router and boot Aurora/XexMenu.
Fill in the IP that's on your 360 and fill it in in filezilla.
The user/pass is "xbox" and the port is 21.
wow, it actually worked!!
using FlashFXP, i can now access all of the folders and delete old games/transfer my new ones!
now for my final(for now..) question,
whenever i get into the aurora dashboard, it says that there is a new update for the dash.
Is it safe to update via the dashboard? is there anything i need to do prior to updating to make sure nothing will go wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk