Hacking Can't play DS cards with Luma and A9LH 11.4.0-37U SysNAND

RedBlueGreen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm still using Luma with A9LH and I'm on 11.4.0-37U and my 3DS isn't loading any NTR (DS) games. This includes legitimate carts. Is there some issue with Luma and/or A9LH running NTR cartridges?

Games appear to run just fine on an A9LH Luma console with 11.4.0-37U EmuNAND.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

RedBlueGreen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you don't know the answer, don't post crap that won't help at all.

@RedBlueGreen Did you have any sort of whitelist-hacked TWL FIRM installed? If so, you'll need to reinstall the original TWL FIRM.

Check here for more information: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/FAQ-and-troubleshooting
Nope haven't installed any sort of whitelist. NTR cartridges seem to work on a console with A9LH w/Luma and an EmuNAND of 11.4.0-37U, but not on the 11.4.0-37U SysNAND console. CTR 3DS cartridges work just fine, and I was able to use NTR cartridges on 11.3 SysNAND.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope haven't installed any sort of whitelist. NTR cartridges seem to work on a console with A9LH w/Luma and an EmuNAND of 11.4.0-37U, but not on the 11.4.0-37U SysNAND console.
You may want to try reinstalling the TWL FIRM anyway.

Note that there's different TWL FIRM for Old3DS and New3DS, so make sure you use the right one.

RedBlueGreen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
"Can't play DS games after doing A9LH some time ago"

"INSTALL B9S!"

Like B9S will solve everything...

I'm still using Luma with A9LH and I'm on 11.4.0-37U and my 3DS isn't loading any NTR (DS) games. This includes legitimate carts. Is there some issue with Luma and/or A9LH running NTR cartridges?

Games appear to run just fine on an A9LH Luma console with 11.4.0-37U EmuNAND.
https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting

go to there and follow "DSi / DS functionality is broken after completing the guide"

This should fix your DS games issue, and ignore the other people telling you to update to B9S just for the DS games fix. It's your choice if you want to update, but do keep in mind the new Luma updates are in the B9S .firm extensions, which means that in the future you will have to do the B9S update to be able to run the latest Luma updates

RedBlueGreen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"Can't play DS games after doing A9LH some time ago"

"INSTALL B9S!"

Like B9S will solve everything...

https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting

go to there and follow "DSi / DS functionality is broken after completing the guide"

This should fix your DS games issue, and ignore the other people telling you to update to B9S just for the DS games fix. It's your choice if you want to update, but do keep in mind the new Luma updates are in the B9S .firm extensions, which means that in the future you will have to do the B9S update to be able to run the latest Luma updates
Alright I'll try reinstalling TWL FIRM but it's pretty weird that it only broke after updating to 11.4.

RedBlueGreen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

fig8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't know the answer, don't post crap that won't help at all.

@RedBlueGreen Did you have any sort of whitelist-hacked TWL FIRM installed? If so, you'll need to reinstall the original TWL FIRM.

Check here for more information: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/FAQ-and-troubleshooting
I am not posting any shit. A9LH is dead and no longer supported by neither Luma3DS nor 3ds.guide. Because if he follows the troubleshooting in 3ds.guide, it's for boot9strap. I'm just helping out, not shitposting.

Sent from my SM-G360H using Tapatalk

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not posting any shit. A9LH is dead and no longer supported by neither Luma3DS nor 3ds.guide. Because if he follows the troubleshooting in 3ds.guide, it's for boot9strap. I'm just helping out, not shitposting.
And updating to Boot9Strap will not fix this.

If you posted a question about fixing a problem with Windows, would you be satisfied if someone posted "Install Linux" as a solution?

fig8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And updating to Boot9Strap will not fix this.

If you posted a question about fixing a problem with Windows, would you be satisfied if someone posted "Install Linux" as a solution?
I mean, I'm telling him update to B9S to follow 3ds.guide troubleshooting page, it's an easy guide, and also to be up to date with the CFW.

Sent from my SM-G360H using Tapatalk

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, there's an issue with your twl. if using a fresh twl doesn't work, check out the twl loader tutorial for a link to another solution. a friend of mine had this same issue even after installing a clean twl, but this other method worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs