Hacking Can't make this R4i SDHC 1.44 work

samhallnc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought an R4i SDHC (Red box, website on the box is www.r4i-sdhc.com, has the yellow 1.4.4 label on it). I downloaded the "R4i V1.64b English.zip" file from that site, put the contents on a 4GB Micro SD. When I click on the sword icon labelled "Deep Labyrinth Digital Bros", it starts the R4 menu fine. I can see a list of games when I click on the "games" button. The problem I'm having is when I try to run a game (or the Moon Shell 2 app), it says

errcode=81, errcode=83 "SD card fragment error! Backup SD card, then perform full format with Panasonic SD Formatter".

So I got that SD formatter from the r4i-sdhc website, formatted the card, put the contents of the zip back on, and I get the same problem.

I've tried 3 different SD cards, and actually 3 of the R4i cards too (I have 3 DSi's in the house and needed 3 of them). They all do the exact same thing. I've tried formatting the sd card with windows, with varying block sizes, and with all available options in the SD Formatter app.

Any ideas?

samhallnc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ran the SD Formatter with the full-erase format type and size adjustment on, and copied the entire SD image in one copy operation.. still no dice. Would really like to get this working if anyone has any ideas I might try.

samhallnc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well.. I was selecting the game and pressing "start".. which gives you that error message every time. If you hit "A", the damn game starts normally. I was hoping no one asked that question, I feel pretty stupid. I've never used a DS though, was setting them up for my kids for Christmas.

worto03

Trophies
XP
Country
Well.. I was selecting the game and pressing "start".. which gives you that error message every time. If you hit "A", the damn game starts normally. I was hoping no one asked that question, I feel pretty stupid. I've never used a DS though, was setting them up for my kids for Christmas.

lol thanks for posting - I was doing the same thing and was about to start downloading firmware and formatting cards, it's working fine now I'm pressing the right button!

Steaj

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

OMG thank you, i feel stupid also.. but this helps me a lot after so many trial of formatting even buy new r4 -__-" hahaha
thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night