Hacking Cant install PS2 Classics Placeholder, what Im doing wrong?

niceme.me

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Managed to turn on PSX and PS3 but still no idea what to do with these...

http://prntscr.com/g89viv - screen of my USB

I dont even know if installing reactpsn is necessary but I tried and failed anyway.

I didnt put exdata into consoles HDD, is it necessary to get ANY results?(dont know how to do it yet) Right now when I try installing pkg files from USB I just get black screen and console returns to start screen, nothing shows up on XMB or no errors of anykind.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Managed to turn on PSX and PS3 but still no idea what to do with these...

http://prntscr.com/g89viv - screen of my USB

I dont even know if installing reactpsn is necessary but I tried and failed anyway.

I didnt put exdata into consoles HDD, is it necessary to get ANY results?(dont know how to do it yet) Right now when I try installing pkg files from USB I just get black screen and console returns to start screen, nothing shows up on XMB or no errors of anykind.

You need to give us more details. What CFW do you use ? Latest multiman ? Do you have WebMan MOD ? That's what we want to know.

niceme.me

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
CFW 4.81.2

I think MM is 04.80.

I got this PS3 just today, only apps I have available in "Games" in XMB is MM and Rebug Toolbox whatever this is.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You need to give us more details. What CFW do you use ? Latest multiman ? Do you have WebMan MOD ? That's what we want to know.

Ugh already forgot how this forum works, so you get notification.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know why you need the PS2 Classic Placeholder, but you can simply install it from multiMAN/mmCM. ReactPSN is only needed if you want to activate PSN games using rap/rif files.

niceme.me

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ok I managed to do it.

My issue was I tried installing pkg files from inside MM and it would just result in blackscreen. Then I tried installing from original XMB menu and tutorials check out from there. Just opened Red Faction and its working alright. I hope itll be same with other games as well.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok I managed to do it.

My issue was I tried installing pkg files from inside MM and it would just result in blackscreen. Then I tried installing from original XMB menu and tutorials check out from there. Just opened Red Faction and its working alright. I hope itll be same with other games as well.
Of course. As far as I know, MM itself cannot install PKG files. It can download the latest PS2 Classic Placeholder .pkg file but then you have to install it from the XMB anyway.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CFW 4.81.2

I think MM is 04.80.

I got this PS3 just today, only apps I have available in "Games" in XMB is MM and Rebug Toolbox whatever this is.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ugh already forgot how this forum works, so you get notification.

Good. I have a Rebug too And MM v04.81.02 is the latest version. And you will need webMan MOD 1.47.05. Off the topic: If you want to run PS3 ISO games instead of PS3 folders then you will need prepNTFS 1.17.pkg. Yes, you can use NTFS external drive. I can run PS3 ISO games on external hard drive using NTFS.

Anyway... go to Rebug Toolbox to enable Cobra. You dont need PS2 Classic placeholder anymore. Also, you don't need Reactpsn for PS2 iso too.

niceme.me

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Good. I have a Rebug too And MM v04.81.02 is the latest version. And you will need webMan MOD 1.47.05. Off the topic: If you want to run PS3 ISO games instead of PS3 folders then you will need prepNTFS 1.17.pkg. Yes, you can use NTFS external drive. I can run PS3 ISO games on external hard drive using NTFS.

Anyway... go to Rebug Toolbox to enable Cobra. You dont need PS2 Classic placeholder anymore. Also, you don't need Reactpsn for PS2 iso too.

I still gotta encrypt isos doe right?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still gotta encrypt isos doe right?

No, you dont need Ps2 classics placeholder anymore. If you dont have webman mod and the latest Rebug Toolbox version then do it now.

Make sure you need those:

Rebug 4.81.2
Toolbox FULL 2.02.12 (Go to Rebug link and they have two: Toolbox 2.02.12 and Toolbox FULL 2.02.12 *select FULL version instead*
Webman Mod 1.47.05
prepNTFS 1.17.pkg (you might need it.. Just in case)

Read the BLACK BOLDS carefully.

Following this instruction:

Since you just updated, install the latest Rebug Toolbox (Package Manager → Install Package Files → PS3 System Storage → Rebug Toolbox) and run it. Go to the second column and turn on Cobra and Webman. Now you can run the games without using Multiman, just go to WebMan Games on the XMB, choose your game (just the normal game, you don't need PS2Classics to convert them anyway), choose yes to close your browser, then select the disk icon.

It's much faster than Multiman.

Just copy the game iso to dev_hdd0 > PS2ISO. Example: dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/God of WAR2.ISO

Or You can also still use Multiman if you want, it'll just be called mmCM (Multiman - Cobra mode), and it won't ask you to convert your games anymore. I prefer webman mod over it.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

niceme.me

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No, you dont need Ps2 classics placeholder anymore. If you dont have webman mod and the latest Rebug Toolbox version then do it now.

Rebug 4.81.2
Toolbox FULL 2.02.12 (Go to Rebug link and they have two: Toolbox 2.02.12 and Toolbox FULL 2.02.12 *select FULL version instead*
Webman Mod 1.47.05

Since you just updated, install the latest Rebug Toolbox (Package Manager → Install Package Files → PS3 System Storage → Rebug Toolbox) and run it. Go to the second column and turn on Cobra and Webman. Now you can run the games without using Multiman, just go to WebMan Games on the XMB, choose your game (just the normal game, you don't need PS2Classics or to convert them anyway), choose yes to close your browser, then select the disk icon.

Just copy the game iso to dev_hdd0 > PS2ISO. Example: dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/God of WAR2.ISO

Or You can also still use Multiman if you want, it'll just be called mmCM (Multiman - Cobra mode), and it won't ask you to convert your games anymore. I prefer webman mod over it.

Thanks dude,

Rebug 4.81.2
Webman Mod 1.47.05

Since you just updated, install the latest Rebug Toolbox (Package Manager → Install Package Files → PS3 System Storage → Rebug Toolbox) and run it. Go to the second column and turn on Cobra and Webman. Now you can run the games without using Multiman, just go to WebMan Games on the XMB, choose your game (just the normal game, you don't need PS2Classics or to convert them anyway), choose yes to close your browser, then select the disk icon.

Ok it works great and is way faster now but now one more issue occured... for whatever reason my PS3 doesnt find/recognize virtual memory cards. How do I fix that, do I need to create something in the files? It actually wasnt an issue before with those games before so it suprised me.

Reactions: spotanjo3

niceme.me

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

Rebug 4.81.2
Webman Mod 1.47.05

Ok false alert, I figured it out, no idea why it fucked up in the first place doe.

Reactions: spotanjo3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn