TehVillylol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have rxtools 2.7 10.3U emunand.
I have bigbluemenu and fbi
I wanna install dlc cia for smash bros that i got from that iso site.
But every time I try to install the cia, both says its invalid cia.. I have unlinked nands
Can someone help me? I have latest sm4sh patch

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To install the DLC for smash, you must first install the latest game update. This update contains all the DLC, and the DLC cia is simply a key that unlocks it.

Basically the dlc cia can't function without the update data. It'll reject to install the dlc cia as long as there's no game update data installed yet.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried the same thing, most likely the same download too. (its about 3mb in size)
and i do have the latest update (or should have, its from early this week), its from the eshop though, from before downgrading, since i own smash bros as cart. could that be causing trouble?

TehVillylol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the latest 1.1.3 patch.
But it just keep saying its invalid cia.
Still does not work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I tried the same thing, most likely the same download too. (its about 3mb in size)
and i do have the latest update (or should have, its from early this week), its from the eshop though, from before downgrading, since i own smash bros as cart. could that be causing trouble?

Same situation.
Downloaded from eshop before downgrading

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you initialized /dbs/ yet? You need to do that or .cia installation will not work.

I hear visiting eShop is a fine alternative for O3DS, too.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To quote the tutorial here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-complete-custom-firmware-guide.396349/
  • Navigate to the \Nintendo 3DS folder on the microSD and open the folder that's all numbers and letters. Inside will be another folder that's all numbers and letters. Open that and you will see a folder called \extdata.
  • Create a new folder called \dbs there, next to the folder called \extdata. Put the two files that came in dbs.zip, called import.db and title.db, into the \dbs folder.
  • Don't do this if you already have a \dbs folder containing import.db and title.db in there!
  • ... Start your 3DS, go to System Settings, Data Management, Nintendo 3DS, Software. It will show a warning that the database files are corrupt and need to be rebuilt. Do this and exit System settings.
    • Without this, FBI won't start thus you will not be able to install .cia files. You will also need to do this after you setup EmuNAND and unlink, so keep this in mind.

TehVillylol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To quote the tutorial here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-complete-custom-firmware-guide.396349/
  • Navigate to the \Nintendo 3DS folder on the microSD and open the folder that's all numbers and letters. Inside will be another folder that's all numbers and letters. Open that and you will see a folder called \extdata.
  • Create a new folder called \dbs there, next to the folder called \extdata. Put the two files that came in dbs.zip, called import.db and title.db, into the \dbs folder.
  • Don't do this if you already have a \dbs folder containing import.db and title.db in there!
  • ... Start your 3DS, go to System Settings, Data Management, Nintendo 3DS, Software. It will show a warning that the database files are corrupt and need to be rebuilt. Do this and exit System settings.
    • Without this, FBI won't start thus you will not be able to install .cia files. You will also need to do this after you setup EmuNAND and unlink, so keep this in mind.
Uh..
I never did this and I installed BBM and cia version of CHMM and homebrew launcher.cia without problem.. Do I need to do this?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm... actually not sure! Try and see if it fixes, I guess. If you already have a /dbs/ folder, then disregard what I've said: If that's the case, this isn't the solution for you.

TehVillylol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm... actually not sure! Try and see if it fixes, I guess. If you already have a /dbs/ folder, then disregard what I've said: If that's the case, this isn't the solution for you.
Ok...
Actually. Im on my phone rn. I dont have my computer.
Btw doing that wont corrupt my save right?
Riiiiiiighttt??

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok...
Actually. Im on my phone rn. I dont have my computer.
Btw doing that wont corrupt my save right?
Riiiiiiighttt??
If you replace it while it exists, then yes it will. If the /dbs/ folder does not exist for you, then that is the reason why it isn't working.

TehVillylol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe uninstall eshop dlc/update and try to do it all by cia?
In data management?

I think dlc doesnt cause problems, it says invalid cia when I try to install.
Maybe something is wrong with cia probs i guess

Garrincho

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
In data management?

I think dlc doesnt cause problems, it says invalid cia when I try to install.
Maybe something is wrong with cia probs i guess

I'd guess so, but don't quote me on it. You could also use FBI/BBM to uninstall the titles, I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."