Gaming Cant go online on mk8 deluxe and rocket league!

WiiBrewer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Ok well i bought my switch today and i was happy about it! But the problem is that my internet is down for a month, so i have to use an hotspot mobile. But even the connection speed is succesfull, cant find any players! Even on my wii i cant go on wiimmfi. I know this is by router, something about NAT, but i dont know much about theese. What. I am going to do?

Reactions: BlackWizzard17

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok well i bought my switch today and i was happy about it! But the problem is that my internet is down for a month, so i have to use an hotspot mobile. But even the connection speed is succesfull, cant find any players! Even on my wii i cant go on wiimmfi. I know this is by router, something about NAT, but i dont know much about theese. What. I am going to do?
Well first you wanna make sure you have at least a nat b type, (In my opinion, A is rare and I never had it but not required) Anything lower than C is probably bad. Second, make sure you have least 10 MBPS upload and download. Third, maybe is just your hot spot, not sure if it is dual band or not, try both, who knows. Having a router allows to setup stuff to the user need, such as ports which is important. If you need more help, go to the nintendo support website for info.

First make sure you can even connect to the internet, go to settings and do a test, then connect to e-shop, next download any game updates that may be required. (Press start or "+" on any game in the home menu and press software update) If all else fails, check to see if the service is not offline or maintenance or something and restart the switch.

In the end it could be defective and just need to be serviced by nintendo, take it back to the store and exchange it maybe.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For a network to function you need to have setup your mobile correctly , if not it only connects to your mobile and not work as a gateway to the internet. quick google would look like:

Phone (model number) setup access point for internet

you can replace access point to router, good luck ;)

WiiBrewer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Well first you wanna make sure you have at least a nat b type, (In my opinion, A is rare and I never had it but not required) Anything lower than C is probably bad. Second, make sure you have least 10 MBPS upload and download. Third, maybe is just your hot spot, not sure if it is dual band or not, try both, who knows. Having a router allows to setup stuff to the user need, such as ports which is important. If you need more help, go to the nintendo support website for info.

First make sure you can even connect to the internet, go to settings and do a test, then connect to e-shop, next download any game updates that may be required. (Press start or "+" on any game in the home menu and press software update) If all else fails, check to see if the service is not offline or maintenance or something and restart the switch.

In the end it could be defective and just need to be serviced by nintendo, take it back to the store and exchange it maybe.
Download speed is 30mbps and upload is 17 mbp/s. But it wont find anyone to play. Nat type is B. I cant find any players on wii u, and wii (on wiimmfi) i know that the DMz host can dix theese, but as it is an mobile hotspot, cant even acces its settings (write ip adress on search bar) it gives me ERR-CONNECTING-REFUZED. Dont know what to dooooo! But i have neighbors right to my house! Their ethernet cables goes thru my wall (or lan adapter) shoul i break the wall?... no thats stealing :( BUT! If you can help me accesing router settings without that error, i will set switch in DMZ. Please answear!

WiiBrewer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
But on wiimmfi, it finds players! But rarely! It gives me error 86420 usually. Sometimes it finds one player
.. and of course its a hacker

WiiBrewer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
The bigger question is why is your internet down for so long? What happened?
Well,my router was broken by my little brother, and the routers from digi are not on stock now (the router i want) and i dont want to pay for one, so i sent my router to warranty. They told me that the router was silly designed from them, and they told me they will give me an modem. I accepted but they said that it will take 1 month to recive an modem from whereever they buy one.
Thats why.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried setting your Switch to a manual IP address and assigning this to the DMZ on your router?
I get consistent NAT type A with that setup
Yes i have and it doesn't work for any of my consoles. Besides, type B is fine, it works and no problems, but i prefer to keep my system protected from anything :P

WiiBrewer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
If it's a hotspot gaming traffic may be blocked...
How do i unblock it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Have you tried setting your Switch to a manual IP address and assigning this to the DMZ on your router?
I get consistent NAT type A with that setup
How do i do that? Please tell me a way to acces my router settings! I type my ip to search bar but i get error ERR.CONNECTION.REFUZING OR ERR.CONNECTION.TIMED.OUT

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How do i unblock it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How do i do that? Please tell me a way to acces my router settings! I type my ip to search bar but i get error ERR.CONNECTION.REFUZING OR ERR.CONNECTION.TIMED.OUT
Router config will normally be at 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 depending on your setup.
Once in, look for the DMZ setting and add your Switch's manually configured IP to it.

WiiBrewer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Router config will normally be at 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 depending on your setup.
Once in, look for the DMZ setting and add your Switch's manually configured IP to it.
I cant acces my router settings it gives me err connecyion refuzed

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
do wireless hotspots even have an accessible config page? At most I think they can change the ssid and wifi password but everything else should be locked down by the carrier.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: