Hacking Can't get Wiiware to work with Usb Loader GX

shatterhand

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using Usb Loader GX r1262 and it works fine with my Wii and GC games that are on my external HDD, but almost all of my Wiiware games that are on my external HDD don't work. My homebrew channel is running on IOS58. As far as my cIOS, I have cIOS 249 installed to base 56 with cIOS v10beta53 and cIOS 250 installed to base 57 with cIOS v10beta52. I have several different emunands. I created two with Modmii that I use with Neek2o. My Wiiware works fine in Neek2o. The other emunand I use with Usb Loader GX. I created this emunand using the "dump NAND" feature in Usb Loader GX. I have nand channel emulation set to full and nand saves emulation set to off. The loader and game IOS are set to 249.

I have about 30 Wiiware games and the only one I have gotten to work is the Adventure Island Wiiware game. Even so, that one doesn't always work. With the rest of my Wiiware games, when I try to load them in Usb Loader Gx, the loader returns me to the Homebrew channel. Also, when I click on a Wiiware game in Usb Loader Gx, it will go to the "start" screen just before you load the game but above where it says "settings" and "start", it is just a black screen. Normally, the title screen for the Wiiware game will be shown.

I used to use Usb Loader Gx r1233 and it loaded most of my Wiiware fine and it always displayed the title screen for the game in the loader before you actually started the game. Something must have changed since then for my Wiiware to not be able to load. I'm not sure what to do. Should I just delete all my cIOSs and then reinstall them?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
d2x beta53 doesn't work very well with EmuNAND. Try installing d2x beta52 in 249 as base 56 as well. Some WiiWare/VC games like Konami Rebirth and a lot of N64 titles don't work under EmuNAND at all and require NEEK.

d2x beta53 is only useful if you need to use a USB port for your HDD other than port 0.

shatterhand

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
d2x beta53 doesn't work very well with EmuNAND. Try installing d2x beta52 in 249 as base 56 as well. Some WiiWare/VC games like Konami Rebirth and a lot of N64 titles don't work under EmuNAND at all and require NEEK.

d2x beta53 is only useful if you need to use a USB port for your HDD other than port 0.
I did what you said but still have the same problem.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Beta53 also supports hotplug. this is nice as the USB ports are not limited to being a high-speed version of a PS/2 port with one port already dead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE