Homebrew Can't get past this screen (USB Loader GX) while playing GCN backups/rips on my Wii

BigLord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
dGRo6qT.jpg

I'm sorry for being dumb as a brick, I've tried everything that I could think of.

Inserted my GCN game (in this case, Soul Calibur II), installed it making sure I installed it on a FAT32 primary partition (shares an HDD with a wbfs partition) and then, after installing DIOS MIOS (notLite) v2.10 (it's from May 24th of last year), tried to run it... and I can't get past this screen and I really don't want to copy the game over to the SD card (pretty sure it wouldn't work there anyway).

Anyone got any ideas?

somewhereovertherainbow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first, remove your disc from wii as you attend to play from sd-card or usb-device .

is this your first backup gamecube game ? if so try using dios mios lite and run it from a sd-card just to make sure it works properly.

checklist
1. is your usb hdd formatted with fat32, cluster size 32kb. and is first, active and primary?
2. after backup you need to use discEx to make the GC game compatible - ewsiest is dmlizard . pick in dmlizard 4 then 2 and drag the iso into dmlizard to batch file, press s. then your game should be i dmlizard/copy-to-sd/games . after using discEx put the newly created games folder into sdcard or usb .

good lick! :)

edit: should mention. games are put into sd:\games\ or usb1:\games\ ,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
first, remove your disc from wii as you attend to play from sd-card or usb-device .
That's wrong. he should keep a disc in the drive for compatibility reason!

2. after backup you need to use discEx to make the GC game compatible
Wrong too. DiscEX is NOT NEEDED AT ALL. Why every users are telling others to use it? Who made this information first?
Using 1:1 clean, untouched, unpatched, uncompressed ISO is better.

Your issue :
You don't have the correct version of USBLoaderGX.
update it manually from v3.0 to r1218:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2x95zd9rz3rc/USBLoaderGX

download r1218 (located in folder 3.0+)
extract the file "boot.dol" located in the folder /IOS249/
copy this boot.dol on your SD:apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol (replace existing file)
Launch the loader from Homebrew channel or from the forwarder.

You will have to update the settings manually then:
Settings > User path > Gamecube Main path : USB1:/games/

Some Gamecube settings are different/removed/newly added since 3.0, check them to see if they are still correctly setup.

Edit:
Another thing you need to verify, is that your FAT32 partition MUST be located before the WBFS partition.
If you added the FAT32 partition after the WBFS, you'll have a lot of chance that it's located after it, not on the beginning of the drive.

USBLoaderGX r1218 will tell you if the partition is not correctly placed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs