Hacking Can't get my new R4 Gold to work with a 32gb micro sd card

Laucien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So, I just bought this flash cart and after a couple hours of trying I can't seem to get it to boot with my 32gb micro sd card. All I get is a completely white screen on both sides of the 3DS.

This is the card I bought: Pic1 | Pic2 and as far as I can tell from the website is a legit one. I'm downloading the files from here -> http://www.r4isdhc.com/2014-r4isdhc-gold-pro/

If I use those files on a 2GB card I can get to the menu right away but if I put the exact same files in my 32GB card I get a white screen and just freezes there. I tried formatting in FAT32 with different programs, changing allocation size, and doing a full format/wipe with the program mentioned in this thread but nothing.

I also tried a couple releases of the Wood FM I found. With the 32gb card I get the same white screen and lockup and with the 2gb card I get a white screen with a 'no menu' warn or something.

The console is a 3DS running the latest Luma and all the CFW from this guide -> Link. I also did the part on what to do in case DS/DSi functionality is lost after following it.

Any thoughts on what I could try? I know the 32gb card works because I was using it on the 3DS until last week.

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your running luma, and you bought a flashcart. why did you not just use freeshop, or even the official eshop with tickets?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if it worked with a different sd, it would be your new sd cad that's causing issues. have you formatted it into fat32, and checked for errors?

Laucien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
your running luma, and you bought a flashcart. why did you not just use freeshop, or even the official eshop with tickets?

What? It is for DS games...

Yeah, it's for old DS games.

if it worked with a different sd, it would be your new sd cad that's causing issues. have you formatted it into fat32, and checked for errors?

I checked the 32gb card for errors and came up OK. It's the same card I was using with luma in the 3ds so it does work... I think.

Tried FAT32 with different cluster sizes. Also exFAT and NTFS just because I was trying everything haha.

OP, you bought a bad model of flashcart, these ones softbrick after 1 year. Anyways, I don't really know what to do about that...

I read that some cards bricked themselves on 2018 but everything I read about these (and all the new cards) was that they didn't have that issue anymore.

Last edited by Laucien,
D

Deleted User

If you bought a r4isdhc.com card,they are basically clones and the stock kernel on them lock you out once your 3ds reaches a certant date ahead (a year later after you buy it) so you have 2 options

1.Once your 3ds hits the expiration date and the card doesn't boot up,set the date back and the kernel will work again.

2.Use YSmenu as your primary kernel and it will never lock.

Reactions: Laucien

Laucien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If you bought a r4isdhc.com card,they are basically clones and the stock kernel on them lock you out once your 3ds reaches a certant date ahead (a year later after you buy it) so you have 2 options

1.Once your 3ds hits the expiration date and the card doesn't boot up,set the date back and the kernel will work again.

2.Use YSmenu as your primary kernel and it will never lock.

Ah, that's good to know. I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks!.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"