Hacking Can't get MM3D to work - Every other game is fine?

VOFluff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

Thanks for taking the time to read this. So, I havent touched my 3DS in a while, installed A9LH on it last year, installed my games and went on from there.

Today, I wanted to play Majora's Mask - So I charged my 3DS, updated Luma, updated to 11.3 and tried to play the game. It will get past the 3DS splash screen, but as soon as the skull kid loading icon comes up, it freezes and kicks me back to the home menu.

This worked last time I used my 3DS, so I am assuming something has changed in an update recently, but I cant seem to find anything obvious. Is there something else I need to do now for this game? I have also uninstalled the CIA and reinstalled (with a new copy) which didnt help.

Im really hoping its something simple.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this same issue way back before a9lh was a thing. I think I had a EUR version on my US console, and maybe my cfw didn't support region-free at the time. Pretty sure it fixed when I installed the US version. Does your cfw support region-free and/or is your version the same region as your 3DS?

Edit: I see you use luma. nvm about the region-free thing, that should be a given.

Edit 2: Did you install from "personal" dumps (Maybe a bad dump)? If so then maybe you should try installing through freeshop and see if that yields different results.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what your problem is but it works fine for me. I have an o3ds xl and update regularly. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game?

Edit: 8bitwonder beat me to it.

VOFluff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had this same issue way back before a9lh was a thing. I think I had a EUR version on my US console, and maybe my cfw didn't support region-free at the time. Pretty sure it fixed when I installed the US version. Does your cfw support region-free and/or is your version the same region as your 3DS?

Edit: I see you use luma. nvm about the region-free thing, that should be a given.

Edit 2: Did you install from "personal" dumps? If so then maybe you should try installing through freeshop and see if that yields different results.

I havent actually heard of Freeshop before - is this a new thing? I will have a look there.

Yes - Installed from a "personal" dump.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by 8BitWonder,
Reactions: VOFluff

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I havent actually heard of Freeshop before - is this a new thing? I will have a look there.

Yes - Installed from a "personal" dump.
Check it out, it will blow your mind. Downloading and installing games directly on your 3DS from Nintendo's servers without dealing with shitty file hosts or converting ROMs.

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also install freeshop from the homebrew browser or even fbi by selecting titledb from the main menu and looking for it in the list that populates.

VOFluff

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: 8BitWonder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE