Hacking Can't download legit game update e-shop

Shamier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sure but ages ago when i was first making FunkyCIA i think you can redownload content that you 'don't really own', if the ticket from the cia was good enough/and using hacks, so that is why i'm confused :)

Yeah you already gave the answer.. If the .cia update was good enough. Mine was poorly made I guess and the e-shop punished me for it.

I know for sure that you can make perfect identical .cia game updates with the e-shop ones.

That's why you're the .cia and ticket master :D

Reactions: cearp

EHG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if it will be as simple as editing the ticket.db, because it must have checksums... so if we manually edit it it will probably bork :(

Actually I have just confirmed the ticket.db can be edited and the system will still accept it. Confirmed by updating nand from 9.5 to latest, installing some updates, dumping ticket.db, restoring 9.5 nand re-encrypted with the updated ticket.db and was able to use the updates.

Manually editing the ticket.db should be possible. Have any methods?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Actually I have just confirmed the ticket.db can be edited and the system will still accept it. Confirmed by updating nand from 9.5 to latest, installing some updates, dumping ticket.db, restoring 9.5 nand re-encrypted with the updated ticket.db and was able to use the updates.

Manually editing the ticket.db should be possible. Have any methods?
did you edit the ticket.db? no, it sounds like you just switched it out. that is not new, some people used rxtools for an easy quick way to do it.
editing will break the signatures :) (i never tried though, but i think it will be bad)

EHG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you edit the ticket.db? no, it sounds like you just switched it out. that is not new, some people used rxtools for an easy quick way to do it.
editing will break the signatures :) (i never tried though, but i think it will be bad)

I see what you mean. Thinking of workarounds now, what is available to us right now in terms of modifying the ticket.db? I'm assuming apps like FBI and sysUpdater use official system calls instead of manually editing it?

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the strong feeling it's an e-shop server related problem. An installed .cia game update also registers you at the Nintendo servers as 'downloaded the game update'. But it somehow knows it's
not exactly the same as their game updates. A perfectly made .cia update would never cause this whole problem.

So no wonder it tries to 'redownload' in e-shop when you haven't even downloaded the update in the first place.

That official 'redownload' cannot continue since you never got it from the eshop to begin with and that's causing the whole 99% downloading error!

So that's why a second Emunand is needed to get you the status of legitimate first time downloader at the Nintendo e-shop servers.

After that... The e-shop is tricked in believing that I made a legitimate first download and I can just swap in my original Emunand and the downloads work.

So like you said.. It's an e-shop server registering problem which seems very logical right now.
I've been having this same problem. So was your second emunand the same as your first (a copy of that particular emunand) with linked nnid, or was it a newly formatted emunand (don't understand how it would work if that were the case)?

Shamier

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been having this same problem. So was your second emunand the same as your first (a copy of that particular emunand) with linked nnid, or was it a newly formatted emunand (don't understand how it would work if that were the case)?

A newly formatted... So it's quite strange. And no Nnid login or linkup at all...

No one would believe that it worked without trying first haha..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water