Misc Can't connect 3DS to router

Munshine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I've tried to connect my 3DS to my Virgin Media Router (Netgear underneath) but when after I search for the router and I click on it I'm requested to enter the password. When I do it instantly rejects it and says "The data you entered is incorrect". I have 3 3DSs and none of them work. My Wii U, Laptop and phone all connect fine though.

I've tried WPS aswell but it also doesn't work.

I know my password it correct and what's odd is that my 3DS in the past has been able to connect.

Any help/tips?

OmegaNubcaek

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

Just created a new account to reply to this.

I had this exact same problem, also with a 3DS and my Virgin Media router (in my case the Superhub 2). I fixed it by manually changing my router's authentication settings from WEP (Auto) to WPA2-AES.

As soon as I was able to connect (I manually entered the SSID etc - not sure if this was necessary), I needed to do a system update so hopefully this issue has now been fixed. Fingers crossed...

Edit: disabling 'Greenfield mode' in the router control panel fixed it after the 3ds refused to connect again.

Munshine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,

Just created a new account to reply to this.

I had this exact same problem, also with a 3DS and my Virgin Media router (in my case the Superhub 2). I fixed it by manually changing my router's authentication settings from WEP (Auto) to WPA2-AES.

As soon as I was able to connect (I manually entered the SSID etc - not sure if this was necessary), I needed to do a system update so hopefully this issue has now been fixed. Fingers crossed...

Edit: disabling 'Greenfield mode' in the router control panel fixed it after the 3ds refused to connect again.

Thanks for the reply. I fiddled with some of the settings and the 3DSs connect now. Hopefully this can help others that are having the same problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu