Gaming Can't adjust Hardware Acceleration

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried Googling, but I didn't get much help. I'm using a Dell Inspiron 1525, with Intel Chipset graphics card. If anymore info is needed, just ask, thanks :)

Main reason I want to adjust it is when I run Fable: TLC, it will tell me that Hardware Acceleration isn't activated or something of the sort.

moerik

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all, you should leave this question in AskGBATemp to keep it organized.

To answer your question, you have to answer sone questions;
1. Did you update the graphics Driver?
2. What is your OS (Operating System)?
3. Are you the Administrator of your mobile device?

Answer them to the best of your ability and I can try to find a solution.

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I didn't know I could update default graphics cards...
2. OS was in the description of this topic. Vista.
3. Mobile device? And I'm pretty sure I am. I have access to everything, I believe.

moerik

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok try updating your graphics drivers from this link. http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics
It will automatically find the drivers, if newer ones, exist.

Notify if any issues arrive.

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Product Detected Intel® GM965 Current Driver Installed 7.14.10.1409 A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact yourcomputer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that case look at the DELL website for driver updates for your product.
Also, check what the minimum specs of Fable are. Your IGP (integrated graphics processor) may not be strong enough to play it.
Downloading some mobile driver off the Dell site seemed to make it run, thanks :) And it's a pretty powerful laptop besides the graphics card.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Coto, reread the thread. Using generic intel drivers may cause technical issues. Contact the manufacturer for the latest drivers (I.e. Go to the DELL website, not the Intel website).

Why the harm? Haha.

Using Generic, no, certified. Oh, and intel developed both Dell inspiron's 1525GPU & Motherboard. I had a dell Inspiron 1525 using the above drivers and gave me 0 dramas, yet full suport even for hdmi signal output & sound, the stock drivers from microsoft are way too old.

OP, you need the latest INTEL chipset & gpu drivers because those models use the GM965 Chipset (embedded a X3100 GMA965). Those at the DELL Website aren't even up to date..

Coto.

edit: typos

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
No harm intended, just that you're missing a little point about how things work. The DELL drivers may never be up to date, but that's because they customise the generic Intel drivers specifically for their products. The BIOS, chipset, sound, networking and graphics driver will all be customised. Often the mouse and keyboard drivers are customised too, but input devices are much less sensitive to bad drivers.

That's not to say generic drivers can't work, but here's just an example: if I try to update the Intel GMA 4500HD drivers of my Acer laptop with non Acer drivers, it is guaranteed to stop recognising the laptop screen and will only work for external displays.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Yeah But point proven. I had the same Notebook using the required drivers, which by the way (not theorically!! =) ) were working great for me, even for some games like WOW.

I think you don't understand yet this... dell has not customized any dell 1525 series, because of their model. dell 1525 uses again a GM965 chipset, there's "no customization" involved in that chipset. And any intel chipset using a GM9XX uses their own northbridge/southbridge/IGP because of their arquitecture. Low cost, low energy usage, etc. The BIOS must be delivered by Dell by any means because of the custom vrambios inside the main bios.

What you're saying can be applicable to 60% laptops with custom hardware built. IE: Newer Intel with ATI GPU chipsets (My brother has one.. and I can happily stick a report giving in great detail its specs), but not some chipsets made by intel, like in this case, because those chipsets involve the whole pack (IGP/NB/SB/IOController/CPU) into a single codename.

Why I posted those drivers above? Because the Intel X3100 GMA965 was designed by intel. And the mainboard chipset embedded is the GMA965.

Just to clarify anyway, everyday we learn something new...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol