Can't access Wii Menu

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by bluehands, Aug 6, 2017.

1. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    Definitely needs to be updated

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Actually I don't think any USB Loader was ever compatible with exFAT, but I might be wrong.
    They do work with NTFS though - but GameCube games are still limited to FAT32 only.

3. bluehands
    OP

bluehands Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    The drive showed in my disk utility as exfat but when I tried to mount it thru terminal it was actually id'd as NTFS.

Thank you guys for the help. I got the cIOSs updated, and have access to Wii games and GC games (thru Nintendont) on the HD. All showing up in USBLoaderGX

Though I've got the MAME emu on my computer, I was thinking of getting some arcade lightgun games installed on the Wii. Does that work well?

Last edited by bluehands, Aug 7, 2017
  4. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    As for as i know light gun games work good depending on what emulator you use, the only one i can vouch for is genplus gx, i played snatcher and the menacer 6 pack and they worked beautifully.

bluehands likes this.
  5. bluehands
    OP

bluehands Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    Hey guys, everything's been going good with my mod. I'm just getting around to adding some light gun games to my collection. So I've got a few questions-

I'm about run out of space on my 2gb SD card. Is it possible in general to use a larger capacity SD card (I tried putting all my apps and WADs on my support drive but things didn't seem to work very well).

The other question is just for recommendations on a MAME emulator and how to get it up and running. I've got SDLMame and RetroArch but I'm having trouble getting either to locate ROMs either in my SD card or USB Drive. Any help configuring things would be appreciated. If you guys could recommend particular games that work well that would be even more awesome. Yesterday I basically just downloaded every arcade light gun game from this top 15 list http://www.cbr.com/gun-it-the-best-light-gun-arcade-games-ranked/

I don't know if I need other bios files added to run them and I don't know if the Wii can handle some of the games with huge CHD files like Carnevil or Star Trek Voyager.

Also, do apps like FCEGX and Snes9x have light gun support?

6. bluehands
    OP

bluehands Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    I'll go ahead and start a new thread here!