Hacking Can't 11.0 Downgrade w/ browser

daicon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using an O3DS to downgrade a n3DS and I'm at the stage where I need to execute browserhax on it...

I keep getting the nag screen telling me I need to do a system update before I can use the browser. I've tried blocking "69.25.139.140" and "conntest.nintendowifi.net" on my router's Firewall - URL Filter but I still get the nag, preventing me from running browserhax, even after a full system format.

Am I doing something wrong? Did I not block the correct URLs or is it when I remove the filter just long enough to set up a connection, it's downloading the nag? Is there an alternate way for me to get in? Do I need to pick up a copy of OOT3D?

bobfacemoo

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using an O3DS to downgrade a n3DS and I'm at the stage where I need to execute browserhax on it...

I keep getting the nag screen telling me I need to do a system update before I can use the browser. I've tried blocking "69.25.139.140" and "conntest.nintendowifi.net" on my router's Firewall - URL Filter but I still get the nag, preventing me from running browserhax, even after a full system format.

Am I doing something wrong? Did I not block the correct URLs or is it when I remove the filter just long enough to set up a connection, it's downloading the nag? Is there an alternate way for me to get in? Do I need to pick up a copy of OOT3D?

You'll need some other entrypoint. I thought it states in the guide to download steeldiver on source 3DS and inject steelhax?

Reactions: daicon

daicon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll need some other entrypoint. I thought it states in the guide to download steeldiver on source 3DS and inject steelhax?
The guide tells me to install steelhax on the source 3DS with CFW already on it. Right now I need to use an entrypoint to get into homebrew menu to install ctr-httpwn and then do some stuff with the DSiware game I bought.

So do I need to pick up OOT3D or some other cartridge?

EDIT: I guess I should ask which cart offers the easiest method of entry.

Last edited by daicon,

bobfacemoo

Trophies
XP
Country
The guide tells me to install steelhax on the source 3DS with CFW already on it. Right now I need to use an entrypoint to get into homebrew menu to install ctr-httpwn and then do some stuff with the DSiware game I bought.

So do I need to pick up OOT3D or some other cartridge?

If you need homebrew on the source 3DS, why not just use HomebrewLauncher? The CIA version of it? It'll get you there straight away. Or does it not work?

daicon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you need homebrew on the source 3DS, why not just use HomebrewLauncher? The CIA version of it? It'll get you there straight away. Or does it not work?
my CFW source 3ds already has homebrew launcher on it. I need an entrypoint on the Target n3ds so I can continue on with the instructions on 3ds.guide

the guide says I can use Browser since I'm on 11.0 (my n3ds is a black friday one) but I seem to be messing up cause I'm getting the update nag preventing me from updating when when I (hopefully?) and blocking ninty's update addresses

Last edited by daicon,

bobfacemoo

Trophies
XP
Country
my CFW source 3ds already has homebrew launcher on it. I need an entrypoint on the Target n3ds so I can continue on with the instructions on 3ds.guide

the guide says I can use Browser since I'm on 11.0 (my n3ds is a black friday one) but I seem to be messing up cause I'm getting the update nag preventing me from updating when when I (hopefully?) and blocking ninty's update addresses

Then use that to launch ctr-httpwn?

CitizenSnips

a seldom-used crab named Lucky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should be able to just upgrade to 11.2 and not need to use ctr-httpwn for the transfer, as you can do the downgrade on both 11.0 and 11.2 pretty much the same

daicon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on "Section V - System Transfer" of the guide and...the guide explicitely states: "Do NOT delete the source system’s SD card contents if prompted"

On my Source 3ds though when doing the PC based transfer it says "The system memory will now be formatted". I'm not hitting "OK" yet.

What do I do now? I drag and dropped my Source's SD contents before I continued, but I'm kind of concerned now that maaaaybe I fucked myself up abit and I'm in for a big nand transfer hassle to get my old savegames transfered back and over to the new system.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't wipe card. When I did it, I let the source reboot up to when the setup starts asking you to select language, then I powered the source down and swapped the mem card to the target when the target says to , after its reboot.

Afterwards when it all finished, I copied the mem card that was now in the target to its original mem card. Then put back the sources original mem card into the souce, and held start on bootup to flash the nandmin.bin back. All was good, but it was nerve wrecking.

Edit, remove the nandmin.bin of the source from the memory card on the target, when all done, to avoid flashing the wrong nandmin.bin in the future.

Last edited by rasputin,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)