Cannot save game, confused.

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Sonic Angel Knight, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I started to play street fighter alpha 3 max on my PSP and when it turned on, it asked me to create data, but it says unable to save game. My memory card isn't full, but i dunno why it won't let me save. Can anyone help? :blink:

All the other games i can save like Power stone collection and mega man powered up, but i can't save this game.

2. sliver123

sliver123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 7, 2009
    Netherlands
    Zuid-Holland
    Hmm, i heard a similiar problem somewhere, how much space do you still have?

3. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Over 2 GB, i know i have enough to save, games don't require much, but like less than 3MB

4. sliver123

Jun 7, 2009
    Netherlands
    Zuid-Holland
    Do you have other memorycards in which you can try the game? I heard that the ones with higher than 1/2 gb can't save some games

5. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I have 2 8GB Memory sticks and one 2GB memory stick, but I kinda don't use it for much since i put homebrew on it being a small file size and my back ups on larger ones.

Is the reason really the size of the memory stick i'm using? O_0

6. sliver123

Jun 7, 2009
    Netherlands
    Zuid-Holland
    I know, it sounds strange, but most people had it fixed, trying with smaller sized memory sticks/ or placing stuff into the memory till it had smaller space.

7. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Don't be offended by this cause is not directed twoards you. But I mean is sounds silly, especially why specific games would require this.

If is the game fault, is there a way maybe hack the game to fix this issue, is there a alternate solution to this? I would assume partitioning the Memory card but why would anyone wanna do that for a few games simply cause it has it;s own problems with it? is there a homebrew or hack to fix it? So many questions. :wtf:

8. sliver123

Jun 7, 2009
    Netherlands
    Zuid-Holland
    Method1:You could also try Downloading from somewhere the save file of the game, and see if that works (canĀ“t say the site')
    Option2/Method: Backing up the memory card and format and get everything back inside
    Option3/Method3: Buy/or ask someone for a 32mb/128mb up to 1gb memory stick.
    Option4/Method4:Trying manual saving (if there is, i don't remember)
    Option5/Method5: http://prntscr.com/ct2hym
    Option6/Method6:Trying the game on phone android/or something similiar (Don't know if it was already tested somewhere to work)

Last edited by sliver123, Oct 12, 2016
  9. Tikker

Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    i have the same game on mine, with a cr5400 and dual 16gb cards. it's not a card size issue, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard

10. lcie nimbus

lcie nimbus 100th degree asskicker

Dec 25, 2015
    Canada
    Alberta , Canada
    exact same problem . I'm using 1 psp 3000 , running pro cfw 6.60 . crashes every time I attempt to save . no problems with any other games . maybe its the ISO ?