Cannot save game, confused.

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Sonic Angel Knight, Oct 12, 2016.

Oct 12, 2016
  1. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

Member Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I started to play street fighter alpha 3 max on my PSP and when it turned on, it asked me to create data, but it says unable to save game. My memory card isn't full, but i dunno why it won't let me save. Can anyone help? :blink:

All the other games i can save like Power stone collection and mega man powered up, but i can't save this game.

2. sliver123

Member sliver123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Hmm, i heard a similiar problem somewhere, how much space do you still have?

3. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

United States
    Over 2 GB, i know i have enough to save, games don't require much, but like less than 3MB

4. sliver123

Netherlands
    Do you have other memorycards in which you can try the game? I heard that the ones with higher than 1/2 gb can't save some games

5. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

United States
    I have 2 8GB Memory sticks and one 2GB memory stick, but I kinda don't use it for much since i put homebrew on it being a small file size and my back ups on larger ones.

Is the reason really the size of the memory stick i'm using? O_0

6. sliver123

Netherlands
    I know, it sounds strange, but most people had it fixed, trying with smaller sized memory sticks/ or placing stuff into the memory till it had smaller space.

7. Sonic Angel Knight
    OP

United States
    Don't be offended by this cause is not directed twoards you. But I mean is sounds silly, especially why specific games would require this.

If is the game fault, is there a way maybe hack the game to fix this issue, is there a alternate solution to this? I would assume partitioning the Memory card but why would anyone wanna do that for a few games simply cause it has it;s own problems with it? is there a homebrew or hack to fix it? So many questions. :wtf:

8. sliver123

Netherlands
    Method1:You could also try Downloading from somewhere the save file of the game, and see if that works (canĀ“t say the site')
    Option2/Method: Backing up the memory card and format and get everything back inside
    Option3/Method3: Buy/or ask someone for a 32mb/128mb up to 1gb memory stick.
    Option4/Method4:Trying manual saving (if there is, i don't remember)
    Option5/Method5: http://prntscr.com/ct2hym
    Option6/Method6:Trying the game on phone android/or something similiar (Don't know if it was already tested somewhere to work)

Last edited by sliver123, Oct 12, 2016
  9. Tikker

Member Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    i have the same game on mine, with a cr5400 and dual 16gb cards. it's not a card size issue, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard

10. lcie nimbus

Member lcie nimbus 100th degree asskicker

Canada
    exact same problem . I'm using 1 psp 3000 , running pro cfw 6.60 . crashes every time I attempt to save . no problems with any other games . maybe its the ISO ?