Cannot rename cheat files from NO$GBAXXX.CHT to NO$GBA.CHT

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Prexton.Vice, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Prexton.Vice

Newcomer Prexton.Vice Newbie

El Salvador
    Hi everyone, Good morning/evening!
    Well here is the problem:

I have Windows Vista & I am using No$gba and playing Pokemon Heart Gold, now that I have spent 3 days with patches and God knows what I have finally managed to get it all together.
    But now that I want to add Action Replay codes and I save the game, after closing the No$Gba window I get an error message "Cannot rename cheat files from NO$GBAXXX.CHT to NO$GBA.CHT".
    I really don't know what to do, I am a noob with all this programming and I would really appreciate if any of you could help me with all of this.

Yeah I have re-started this game 10 times now due to the freezing and I just want to get to Olivine city where I last saved but now the files are gone and I want to speed it up.

Thanks in advance for taking your time reading all of that.

2. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    i have no idea what is happening for you

first of all, how did you add the codes?
    did you press F2 to toggle the cheat screen and add them manually?

3. Prexton.Vice

El Salvador
    Yes I did , I just pressed F2 and added them manually , now while I still don't close the No$GBA window they all work and fine but then when I close it that message appears and when I open again the ROM the codes aren't saved.

4. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    no idea whats wrong [​IMG]

i suggest you backup the battery folder, delete the existing no$gba and everything. Download a new copy of no$gba from somewhere else!

5. Prexton.Vice

El Salvador
    Yeah thanks for your help.
    I searched the DAT file and I opened it with Notepad, then I added the Game ID and the Game product description, with that the codes saves automatically. This game has given me so many headaches to make it work hahaha.
    I still did not know why it kept renaming it as NO$GBAXXX.CHT instead of NO$GBA.CHT