Hacking Cannot Get Brawl Data Copied onto vWii

solid278

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully transferred my Brawl Data onto my SD card using Priiloader's nocopy removal hack from my Wii, but I just can't figure out how to get the Brawl data copied onto my vWii. I'm using Savegame Manager GX, but the program is utterly incomprehensible to me. No games saves show up where (I assume) it should be listing my Wii saves, except for a WiiFlow save, that is 0 bytes in size. When I navigate to my Brawl save (data.bin) on my SD card it doesn't let me install. All I can do is copy, which only seems to let me copy to a different location on my SD card.

I've tried using SaveGame Manager GX (the Wii version) on my Wii to transfer the Brawl save using the program itself, I can't, as the Wii version also doesn't display my save files correctly, only showing about 6, all with 0 bytes. I've been combing GBATemp and Google for hours now to no avail. All I can sort of figure out is that I need iOS 58, but that I should already have it on my vWii as I can run backups just fine. How is this program supposed to work exactly?

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry for bumping this thread, but I'm looking for a real solution for the exact same problem right now. I just made my move from Wii to the Wii U's vWii and so far only found a workaround for this issue. While I was not (yet) able to get my Brawl saves of PAL and NTSC regions onto my PAL Wii U directly, I simply copied the saves to the emunand with Save Game Manager GX and use USB Loader GX with partial NAND emulation enabled for the game to load it's save from emunand. While this works fine I guess not everyone wants to set up an emunand and use an USB Loader just for this. I will further investigate this as much as I can, maybe trying some older tools from the good old Wii hacking days.

Edit: Solution found here. Using R125 of SaveGame Manager GX (found here) I managed to successfully copy my PAL and NTSC region Brawl saves from my Wii to my Wii U. To make it work first backup the save using the "Extract" option (the "Compress" option will crash), and then simply "Install" the save on the other console.

Last edited by LinkFan16,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots