Hacking Can you use DSTWO Card along side Gateway?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Answer to topic, just thought I would pop it on the top page save peeps looking through it all:-

Guys just to let you know I tested the above comment and it works all OK, if you put a new folder on the route of your Micro-SD card and name it Gateway and then copy & paste the Gateway R4i Blue Card files in that folder, put your M-SD Card back into your DSTwo card and load your DSTwo card as normal on the home screen to play DS roms and when you have finished go back into your DSTwo menu and in your Gateway file load the GW .installer and job done!, you can then go back into Settings/DS Profile and use the Gateway card again for your 3DS roms. I just thought I would mention this if anyone did not know also same goes for the DSONEi card as well. The good thing about this method is you have the best of both worlds, 3DS/DS roms on one system with just using two cards, Gateway/DSTwo Supercard, hassle free gaming tbh!

Reactions: Parasite X

spiderben25

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
You've got to stop the paranoia about that.
The GW Blue Card is basically a cheap R4 clone running custom Wood firmware.
It doesn't matter whether you launch the DS exploit with a SC or their Blue Card.

EDIT oh I'm so sorry about the triple post, my phone browser is quite laggy and it registered my "reply" press multiple times.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I have a feeling Gateway might brick your 3ds for that...

id love to see them do it
considering the bricking code is only in the Launcher.dat and there DS flashcard is a R4ids.cn Clone using Hacked Wood 1.56 that works on all flashcard

next thing you will say Gateway will Brick your Home computer for going onto Google.

Kane49

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
id love to see them do it
considering the bricking code is only in the Launcher.dat and there DS flashcard is a R4ids.cn Clone using Hacked Wood 1.56 that works on all flashcard

next thing you will say Gateway will Brick your Home computer for going onto Google.

I dare you to google "I want to buy a gateway clone", they will brick your computer !
Come to think of it they will brick my mother for this comment :(

Reactions: IronClouds

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the answers but a quick question I read you can use the DSTwo card instead of the GW Blue card using the installer file but when I want to use the 3DS with the DSTwo card to run DS games do I need to run the Step 1 blue card installer files GW again to use 3DS Games again or do I just go to the DS Profile again as normal to go into Gateway Mode to run 3DS games?

Also please guys what FW and files do I need to run DSTwo card (links please) on my 3DS 4.5.0 FW again (I deleted my original DSTwo files SD Card Mini to use for 3DS games, I never had a spare for the Gateway Card so its back to empty :( )?, do I just go through the:- leave for 5 minutes on 3DS then power down method again to install DStwo card?

Guys, please links etc.. and all the help would be great it would make my life much easier I don't have a lot of spare time really to think nowadays! :)

spiderben25

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
After playing some DS games (retail or Roms on your Supercard), you have to launch the exploit (GW_Installer.nds) in order to play 3DS games. Just run it from your Supercard and you should be good to go.
As for the files everything is available here : http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/download.htm
Just download latest EOS version and extract it to the root of your microSD.

Reactions: reece71079

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys just to let you know I tested the above comment and it works all OK, if you put a new folder on the route of your Micro-SD card and name it Gateway and then copy & paste the Gateway R4i Blue Card files in that folder, put your M-SD Card back into your DSTwo card and load your DSTwo card as normal on the home screen to play DS roms and when you have finished go back into your DSTwo menu and in your Gateway file load the GW .installer and job done!, you can then go back into Settings/DS Profile and use the Gateway card again for your 3DS roms. I just thought I would mention this if anyone did not know also same goes for the DSONEi card as well. The good thing about this method is you have the best of both worlds, 3DS/DS roms on one system with just using two cards, Gateway/DSTwo Supercard, hassle free gaming tbh!

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent topic, OP. I too was wondering about this, as I have an R4i Gold 3DS and a Gateway. It's a pain to keep re-running the installer after using the R4i card. :) Will try this later

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The super card will do everything the blue card will and then some. If you have a super card you don't need the blue one at all for anything ever. Never ever. Unless your super card breaks or gets lost.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent topic, OP. I too was wondering about this, as I have an R4i Gold 3DS and a Gateway. It's a pain to keep re-running the installer after using the R4i card. :) Will try this later
You will still need to re-run the installer after playing a ds game, but you can do it from the same card (your preferred one)

Reactions: digipimp75

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
i did this once used the installer and ran it in my scds2 and it got stuck running the exploit but i will try putting it in its own folder see if that fixes the issue

Mine does that sometimes too using the blue card (and DSTWO). The bar just stops but close and open the lid again and it will continue. ;)

mUppenbart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Do you guys think GW or SC-team will release a fix for this in the future firmware(s)? I mean, it's not a hassle changing a setting every time to have the best from two worlds, but would be ace if changing cards would be the only thing you _had_ to do.

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Answer to topic, just thought I would pop it on the top page save peeps looking through it all:-

I guess we both love our 3DSes :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: