Homebrew Can you run DS homebrew without flashcard?

Alexander_001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering if it would be possible to run DS homebrew on a DS emulator on my PC or Android phone? I know that they are .NDS files, but I also know that they are designed to run on flashcarts with a special operating system. So, out of curiosity, would it be possible to run NDS homebrew as if it was a normal ROM? All decent flashcarts are so expensive, and being 16 I don't have a credit card, so I can't buy one online.

Last edited by Alexander_001,

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am no expert on running DS on emulators, but I know there are a few options on both android and PC. As for a cart with no CC. Depends on the kind of DS you have, but I would recommend buying a prepaid CC from walmart or wherever, and order one.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
you can run homebrew in nds emulators...
in fact, developers use the emulators to test their work a lot if not all occasions...
if said homebrew requires special stuff like acess to files, you can try to change the mode its loaded in desmume

Ranomez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
You can run homebrew in emulators and if you have a Wii that can run homebrew I think there is a Wii implementation of haxxstation for sending the homebrew over to the DS with Download Play.
Also no idea from what country you're in but really you can get a good flashcart for as low as 10$ which isn't that expensive even here where we don't have the biggest salaries....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.