Hacking Can you play online without the latest firmware with Sky3DS?

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard from somewhere you can't.. I just found out. Is it true? Or is this only for some games when it is necessary?

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the game doesn't have an update. I'm still stuck on 9.4 which I can't get no DLC or new game updates :(

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using Sky3ds since gateway don't support 9.3+ and up (Don't think 9.4 would get an exploit but I heard is possible).

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using Sky3ds since gateway don't support 9.3+ and up (Don't think 9.4 would get an exploit but I heard is possible).
Good, since you are on 9.4, have you tried online? Does it work? By what you said in the first comment, do you mean that you can't play online for games that have an update after the firmware update?

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good, since you are on 9.4, have you tried online? Does it work? By what you said in the first comment, do you mean that you can't play online for games that have an update after the firmware update?
Not the firmware, the game updates. But yea I tried animal crossing new leaf (Which has no updates) and mario kart 7 v1.1 with the updated in it already). But a game like smash brothers I can't because how am I going to download the 1.0.8 update off Eshop If I need the latest firmware to use Eshop. Also smea is releasing ninjhax 2.0 for 9.0 - 9.8 probably on his birthday and I hope Eshop Spoof is possible on the homebrew.

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not the firmware, the game updates. But yea I tried animal crossing new leaf (Which has no updates) and mario kart 7 v1.1 with the updated in it already). But a game like smash brothers I can't because how am I going to download the 1.0.8 update off Eshop If I need the latest firmware to use Eshop. Also when smea releases ninjhax 2.0 for 9.0 - 9.8 I hope Eshop Spoof is possible.
If you have sky3ds, why are you still on 9.4? Also, I thought downloading game updates happen in the 3ds menu o.o

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have sky3ds, why are you still on 9.4? Also, I thought downloading game updates happen in the 3ds menu o.o
Well I heard 9.4 can be possible and I won't do the same mistake updating my 4.5 when there was no hacks. And updating a game was never through system setting is always been through Eshop.

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I heard 9.4 can be possible and I won't do the same mistake updating my 4.5 when there was no hacks. And updating a game was never through system setting is always been through Eshop.
Oh... I thought it was through the menu, because it never entered the eshop when I update the games. Oh.. since (assuming) that updates are stored in the cartridge, will ripping out roms that have been pre-updated work? Does Nintendo update the actual cartridge, or does it store it in the system itself?

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stores it in the SD card and ripping a game wont include the update inside which sucks
Well thats a bummer. Will there be any way to stop the update notification that will appear every time you launch the game, if an update does occur?

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk if you can stop the update notification but all you gotta is press A to continue playing or press X to update (If you have the latest FW update).

kitney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using Sky3ds but turn off Wifi in case Nintendo ban. Have anybody got ban by using Sky3ds when turn on wifi yet?

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk if you can stop the update notification but all you gotta is press A to continue playing or press X to update (If you have the latest FW update).
Hmm, you mentioned about updates being stored in the SD card. This may be a dumb question, which even I think it would be impossible, but
I'm using Sky3ds but turn off Wifi in case Nintendo ban. Have anybody got ban by using Sky3ds when turn on wifi yet?
You will be safe using private headers.

kitney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, you mentioned about updates being stored in the SD card. This may be a dumb question, which even I think it would be impossible, but

You will be safe using private headers.
Ok, I checked for that but I don't have any 3ds under fw 4.5 or GW. Is it another way to do it?

Ichigo1000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, one more thing. Do EVERY single game need a game update to play online? Or is it just some, like Smash?
Ok, I checked for that but I don't have any 3ds under fw 4.5 or GW. Is it another way to do it?
You need Powersaves.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-get-your-private-header-using-powersaves.385511/#post-5424330

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou