Hardware Can you insert a memory card mid-game?

vayanui8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently ordered a vita off amazon, but the memory card was in low stock so its going to take a couple days longer to ship. Is it possible to just play a game for a couple days and then put the memory card in and save from there, or will the system not allow me to?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Memory card slot is NOT hot swappable. You can only insert or remove one when the system is completely powered off. If you try to do it when the system is powered on it'll immediately reboot the system.

vayanui8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, glad I asked. I guess I'll have to play a game where restarting won't be much of an issue and I can just skip most of the opening content and get back to my place in the game again

D

Deleted-355425

Damn, glad I asked. I guess I'll have to play a game where restarting won't be much of an issue and I can just skip most of the opening content and get back to my place in the game again

you can just use CMA to copy your save across to the pc and then put your new card in and cma it back from the pc.

D

Deleted-355425

wouldn't I have to have a save in the first place to do that though?

you have confused me now, i thought the issue was you wanted to have your save on your new memory card and you were going to achieve it by trying to hotswap the memory card?

vayanui8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have confused me now, i thought the issue was you wanted to have your save on your new memory card and you were going to achieve it by trying to hotswap the memory card?
No, I just ordered the vita itself, but the memory card will take a couple days longer to ship than the vita, so I was wondering If I could play without a memory card and then put the card in and save when it arrived.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
He just ordered a Vita and memory card, but the Vita will arrive before the memory card. Thus, he will have a system with no memory card for a couple of days. He was wondering if he could essentially play the game, and then insert a memory card to save onto it.

My question: are you getting a 1k model or a 2k model? If a 2k model, you should theoretically be able to save the game, transfer the save to PC, and transfer it back to your memory card once it's inserted, unless the on board storage works differently than the memory card storage.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if there isn't any memory card in your vita then the save is stored in the internal memory. The first time you insert a vita memory card you will be prompted to transfer any stored data from the internal memory to the memory card.

D

Deleted-355425

He just ordered a Vita and memory card, but the Vita will arrive before the memory card. Thus, he will have a system with no memory card for a couple of days. He was wondering if he could essentially play the game, and then insert a memory card to save onto it.

My question: are you getting a 1k model or a 2k model?
ahhhhh ok, hes fine if its the new slim 2k model from the internal storage,

D

Deleted-355425

nope, ordered the 1k for the OLED
if you wish to use it for homebrew and the likes, dont upgrade it past 3.18 firmware..... you can install the updates manually.. grab them from zload.net and install. its a great feature which imo the 3ds is lacking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1