Hacking Can you change Card2 games into Card1 games?

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you can change (using a hex editor) the save area from the SD to the ROM itself, if you edit the CARD1 game's header via hex editor...

Does this happen in reverse too? Can I make it so CARD2 games save on the SD card, by changing the hex value?

Thanks.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it seems it works with eshop games but not with pokemon and ac since they use a bigger size save file

I appreciate the help.

It gets tedious extracting the save file from the CARD2 games, haha! I sort of was hoping I could do what I've done with Card1 games, but in reverse. Thanks anyway!

Do you know what happens when you hex edit the Card2 games to card1? Will you get an error while saving, or an error in general, or...?

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
steamworld dig wasn't working on r4 4.0b2 due to it being card 2 and with card1 it works , seems its card 2 is for show. Pokemon saves but when you load it it's corrupted because it's smaller size save

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
steamworld dig wasn't working on r4 4.0b2 due to it being card 2 and with card1 it works , seems its card 2 is for show. Pokemon saves but when you load it it's corrupted because it's smaller size save

Oh man. That'd be so cool if finding a way around that were possible. I dislike extracting every few plays haha!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: There is some really odd DS games I liked but not sure others would like them lol