Gaming Can you access other eShop regions without making another account?

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really against having to create another email account for the purpose of accessing another region's eShop. Could I simply just change the region in the console's settings and have access that way?

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really against having to create another email account for the purpose of accessing another region's eShop. Could I simply just change the region in the console's settings and have access that way?
Not only that but you have to find a online vendor for other region currency card codes to use as well, and remember you now have multiple accounts. :P

Anyway the same rules that people been using on playstation network follow here. But just incase you need help here is a video tutorial, including some games available in other eshop.

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not only that but you have to find a online vendor for other region currency card codes to use as well, and remember you now have multiple accounts. :P

Anyway the same rules that people been using on playstation network follow here. But just incase you need help here is a video tutorial, including some games available in other eshop.

Just 2 questions.

1. I didnt understand the very end. Did he say you can merge the Japan account and the US account under the one Nintendo ID on Nintendo.com?

2. Would I have to switch between different region accounts in order to play or access the games?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just 2 questions.

1. I didnt understand the very end. Did he say you can merge the Japan account and the US account under the one Nintendo ID on Nintendo.com?

2. Would I have to switch between different region accounts in order to play or access the games?

Maybe this video is clearly explains the process, and i you don't need to switch accounts to access the content. You just need the second account on the system to allow the games to be playable. Much like playstation network. You can play region free games by simply downloading it with the other out of region accounts. You just have to keep the account on the system to play the game, is safe to use your default priority account to play it once it has been downloaded.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this video is clearly explains the process, and i you don't need to switch accounts to access the content. You just need the second account on the system to allow the games to be playable. Much like playstation network. You can play region free games by simply downloading it with the other out of region accounts. You just have to keep the account on the system to play the game, is safe to use your default priority account to play it once it has been downloaded.

Up to 8 accounts on a single Switch console. Thats pretty terrific.

So is the funding kept to each respective account or is it all shared from the same account? Thats the only thing left I have to ask. If it was shared I assume it was do some sort of currency conversion to price things accordingly.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Up to 8 accounts on a single Switch console. Thats pretty terrific.

So is the funding kept to each respective account or is it all shared from the same account? Thats the only thing left I have to ask. If it was shared I assume it was do some sort of currency conversion to price things accordingly.

Basically you create a nintendo account on the website, then on switch you create a new user account and insert the information of the account you created on nintendo (Make sure region is set to japan) Then you go to eshop. You need currency so visit a website like play asia . com to buy a Japan eshop card and insert the code into the option to do so on switch. After money is added, download the games you wanna by.

At this point DO NOT DELETE THE ACCOUNT FROM THE SWITCH. You can simply change to any other account (like your primary one) to play the games. Just as it is possible on playstation consoles who also has region free. As long as the user account you downloaded the game with is on the system any other user can access it. There is no merging accounts.

After that you pretty much get nintendo news letters, and recipts for games you buy in that email you created. So is hardly much to worry about for anything importance.

RemixDeluxe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically you create a nintendo account on the website, then on switch you create a new user account and insert the information of the account you created on nintendo (Make sure region is set to japan) Then you go to eshop. You need currency so visit a website like play asia . com to buy a Japan eshop card and insert the code into the option to do so on switch. After money is added, download the games you wanna by.

At this point DO NOT DELETE THE ACCOUNT FROM THE SWITCH. You can simply change to any other account (like your primary one) to play the games. Just as it is possible on playstation consoles who also has region free. As long as the user account you downloaded the game with is on the system any other user can access it. There is no merging accounts.

After that you pretty much get nintendo news letters, and recipts for games you buy in that email you created. So is hardly much to worry about for anything importance.
You put a lot of emphasis on not deleting the account. What would be so damning that cant be fixed by readding it?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You put a lot of emphasis on not deleting the account. What would be so damning that cant be fixed by readding it?
Well usually if the account is deleted, the downloaded games can't be used. Unless you don't care to download the games again then is not that important. Is just to prevent people for saying stuff. "Why can't i play the game anymore? It was working before" So i made sure to prevent such questions if i can by emphasis on the required actions to avoid. :P

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
I temporarily changed my Nintendo account region to Japan and when I opened the eShop using the linked Nintendo account, I can access the Japanese eShop. I can pretty much do this using just one account rather than going through all the hassle to create a new one exclusively for Japanese eShop.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I temporarily changed my Nintendo account region to Japan and when I opened the eShop using the linked Nintendo account, I can access the Japanese eShop. I can pretty much do this using just one account rather than going through all the hassle to create a new one exclusively for Japanese eShop.
It takes about 3 minutes to make a japan account and you can even use the same email if you use gmail by just putting a dot somewhere in the email (for example: "[email protected]" will be a diff email to ninty, but all emails will be sent to "[email protected]")

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have PS4 from Portugal in America and just create two emails for two different country. No problem. The two is fun than just one. Just like speaking two languages are more fun than just speaking one language. :)

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Although you can just change your region to access whatever eshop you want, you cannot do this if you have "funds" in your account. You must have a zero balance if switching regions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm