Hacking Can themes installed as a .cia be protected from being deleted upon visiting the eShop?

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
But then you have the option to create a new one?
And then what happens to the old one? Would you be able to relink/login if you formatted again?
Not sure, which is why I referred to the Terms to what happens when you use multiple IDs on one system (old content becomes unusable or NNID is erased). As NNIDs aren't just a sign-in/out system (can't take my 2DS, make an ID, then sign into the same ID on my n3DS without my content getting erased (and permanently erased in this case), because the ID is linked to my 2DS.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure, which is why I referred to the Terms to what happens when you use multiple IDs on one system (old content becomes unusable or NNID is erased). As NNIDs aren't just a sign-in/out system (can't take my 2DS, make an ID, then sign into the same ID on my n3DS without my content getting erased (and permanently erased in this case), because the ID is linked to my 2DS.
what happens if you system transfer then restore an old nand backup on the one that is formatted
I actually did that once but never actually did anything online in case it got weird :P

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
Hahaha, I actually did this, and stuff does get weird. Your NNID stuff doesn't fully get transferred and your legit games still won't appear (even if they were installed before), I guess if the NNID tries to connect to eShop from the source (old) console after being transferred, the tickets on the console get invalidated by the server or something. Because they were working fine before the transfer and the NAND backup was right before it.
Other stuff like sharing the same friend code and hosting games from yourself also happen, it's a fun paradox

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: @HoTuan You'll need one that hasn't had its stock firmware updated in quite some time, for starters