Hardware Can the switch screw up tablets?

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
you know apple fanboys would even buy a dildo and use it if it was done by apple
waiting for the iDildo Plus

in all seriousness though, android and apple have next level app support. Even Microsoft couldn't properly rival it, with tons invested into the market. Also people on Android and Apple have invested so much into their respective platforms, switching would be such a pain. Think of someone with an iPad, iPhone, and iWatch, as well as perhaps a macbook. Why would they want to disturb the eco system?

The switch is destined to be an "as well", rather than "Instead of" type of tablet. No business support, weak app support, and all round different power/resolution/battery allocation than the traditional tablet.

Anyways, tablet market is dying more and more every day, people instead just get either bigger phones, or paper thin laptops, or convertibles. Nintendo seem to be trying to just open their demographic a bit more, by including the slightly more serious gamers, as well as the usual casual gamers.

In all honesty, I am not too sure of whether it's going to do as well as the initial hype wants it to. It's lacking a bit of direction, and solidity. People don't really want to play games that portible-y on such a small screen, on such a poor resolution, with such controllers. The default scheme is okay, and the regular controller is okay for in home play, but it's a tad annoying to carry a console, controllers, and charger. Then you would have to unpack, set up, and then repack and carry all the stuff. Single player portable should be fine though.

I still feel a 3DS successor would be necessary.

Reactions: guisadop

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the Switch is successful as it is looking to be, I doubt this wouldn't replace the 3ds. Especially considering they could just make a smaller Switch down the line or even bring back all the features of the 3ds with a Switch 2.

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Messing up the sale of tablets ..what?! How? lol there's no way that's possible ..
Those who have little money Could get a Android Tablet like a NextBook 11 for 100 some dollars ..
The switch is up in the 200$ range ..
The Apps ..
Android/Apple Tablets do Apps better there's a App/game for everything x.x ..
Nintendo Switch Apps ..
Most likely tailored to kids, browser locked down to a certain degree, word blocks, if anything like 3DS no video chat no messenger ..
So if you need Facebook, Skype, or Messenger..
Stuff for work or School, like Notepad, Calculators or Word processors..
Or Stuff for Art like ArtRage, PhotoShop ..
Your gonna need to buy a tablet ..
Switch is gonna most likely be Geared towards kids with protective filters..
It can't compete with tablets they do different features, different things ..

Apple Fan Girl who has tried Many Android Tablets.. Apple Devices may be expensive but there built well they don't feel cheap .. most Androids Ive dealt with feel cheap slow or just lag..I had a Android for years till I saved for a iPad Pro 9.7 now this is built well also was given a iPod touch ..something Androids don't have there small devices are phones only, no non phones ..both iOS devices work smooth yes locked down ecosystem but safer then Androids ..Androids are built poorly yet to find a good one though I still look maybe one day android will prove me wrong

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
Messing up the sale of tablets ..what?! How? lol there's no way that's possible ..
Those who have little money Could get a Android Tablet like a NextBook 11 for 100 some dollars ..
The switch is up in the 200$ range ..
The Apps ..
Android/Apple Tablets do Apps better there's a App/game for everything x.x ..
Nintendo Switch Apps ..
Most likely tailored to kids, browser locked down to a certain degree, word blocks, if anything like 3DS no video chat no messenger ..
So if you need Facebook, Skype, or Messenger..
Stuff for work or School, like Notepad, Calculators or Word processors..
Or Stuff for Art like ArtRage, PhotoShop ..
Your gonna need to buy a tablet ..
Switch is gonna most likely be Geared towards kids with protective filters..
It can't compete with tablets they do different features, different things ..

Apple Fan Girl who has tried Many Android Tablets.. Apple Devices may be expensive but there built well they don't feel cheap .. most Androids Ive dealt with feel cheap slow or just lag..I had a Android for years till I saved for a iPad Pro 9.7 now this is built well also was given a iPod touch ..something Androids don't have there small devices are phones only, no non phones ..both iOS devices work smooth yes locked down ecosystem but safer then Androids ..Androids are built poorly yet to find a good one though I still look maybe one day android will prove me wrong

OnePlus 3T is a good Android Phone, for tablets it will be the Pixel C

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my iPad for free as a gift from my job, and with everything else that I have (galaxy s7, N3DS XL, gaming PC, Wii U, etc.), I incredibly rarely even use the thing. For me, tablets as a standalone thing make no real sense. I've recently used it a little more, only because Super Mario Run released only on IOS (so far) and I wanted to play the game. However, if it was already also out for android, I would have just got it on my phone and never have bothered with getting a version for my tablet.

As such, for me, it would take little to replace any tablet. I know I'll already get far more use out of my Switch than I ever did with my iPad, so for me, yeah its gonna easily fill the part of my life that tablets already take up and much more at that.

Last edited by duffmmann,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See below.

I mean I guess. If I have a tablet 10 years from now and I see Breath of the Wild available, I'd probably download it. However if at the same time Nintendo has another powerful handheld(/console hybrid) that plays the newer Zelda, then I'm gone be more interested in that new Nintendo product over having a current tablet that can play a 10 year old Zelda title. I guess what I'm saying is, its tablets that now need to convince me that they have a product worth having, and at this point, they haven't convinced me of that at all, and I already even own one (only cuz it was free).

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Replace BotW with any Nintendo exclusive, such as real Pokémon games.

And even then, anyone I know who has an emulator and old Nintendo games on their tablet don't play with it much, either saying they couldn't get into it or admitting that touch controls and fiddling with a cheap gamepad that you always forget to bring isn't worth it.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I mean I guess. If I have a tablet 10 years from now and I see Breath of the Wild available, I'd probably download it. However if at the same time Nintendo has another powerful handheld(/console hybrid) that plays the newer Zelda, then I'm gone be more interested in that new Nintendo product over having a current tablet that can play a 10 year old Zelda title. I guess what I'm saying is, its tablets that now need to convince me that they have a product worth having, and at this point, they haven't convinced me of that at all, and I already even own one (only cuz it was free).

3DS emulator.
CEMU.

I don't think Nintendo can produce a powerful enough device that takes more then 10 years to emulate a bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots