Hacking Can someone tell me what exactly the SMHax will do?

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Alright, whats the utility of that chip? Are you talking about the nand?
Maybe we might build a mod chip and replace it?
Explain please

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh do you mean its an intentional flaw and ninty just'' hoped'' no one finds it?
the nand chip

Alright, whats the utility of that chip? Are you talking about the nand?
Maybe we might build a mod chip and replace it?
Explain please

Oh do you mean its an intentional flaw and ninty just'' hoped'' no one finds it?
well ninety had the keys to use it so it wasn't really and exploit people just brute forced to keys so they could use it as well.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the nand chip

well ninety had the keys to use it so it wasn't really and exploit people just brute forced to keys so they could use it as well.
Alright, and do you think there might be a way to mod the nand chip?

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No because it would probably require keys or the switch will not boot.
You mean a per console key?
So it would require a coldboothax to put the key from the original chip in the modded chip or even a cbh wouldnt work?

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read the wiki page, and I'm not sure to really understand everything
so please, in simple word, what will it do for end users like me

homebrew?
piracy?
cfw?
hbl application on home menu?
update without losing access to piracy/homebrew?
what exactly?
Most people only do any of this for piracy, it will lead to piracy.

Jackson98

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Biggest question is if efuses can't be bypassed on a system update and then in turn lead to a bricked console, is it going to be worth keeping a switch on an unstable firmware just to run a few emulators.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
It will lead to an extreamly small group of ppl having the Switch hacked. But the Switch hacking community will be so SMALL, so nothing worth playing (like emulators and stuff) will ever be released.

fisher6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really agree with you here. daeken, who is probably the most active hacker on the switch right now has personally said that his goal is to get emulators running on the console. Right now, the main focus is on getting some sort of toolkit that can be used to develop homebrew.

Last edited by fisher6,
Reactions: TheCyberQuake

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It will lead to an extreamly small group of ppl having the Switch hacked. But the Switch hacking community will be so SMALL, so nothing worth playing (like emulators and stuff) will ever be released.
I doubt they would stop there to be honest.
The Switch is the hottest shit right now, and it seems like all of the developers involved in 3DS/Wii U have moved unto the Switch.
Perhaps the smhax vulnerability is the only big one at the moment, but there's not to say another one will come... Some years after.
All the people interested in hacking the Switch are already buying theirs, and I doubt it will be just a small portion of the community.

The only bad thing here is that the Hacker One program from Nintendo will fuck with development teams for exploits. :/

Reactions: Jackson98

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I doubt they would stop there to be honest.
The Switch is the hottest shit right now, and it seems like all of the developers involved in 3DS/Wii U have moved unto the Switch.
Perhaps the smhax vulnerability is the only big one at the moment, but there's not to say another one will come... Some years after.
All the people interested in hacking the Switch are already buying theirs, and I doubt it will be just a small portion of the community.

The only bad thing here is that the Hacker One program from Nintendo will fuck with development teams for exploits. :/
I hope you are right.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't care about pirating Switch games tbh but if RetroArch would run on Switch I'd definitely buy it. Maybe even without a Switch game. Just for RetroArch.
I mean come on, it's the f*cking best console for RetroArch ever.
I'm aware that this could be done with an Android tablet and BT gamepads as well but on the Switch it would be standardized. You would have the JoyCons wherever you are, you have at least the opportunity to play Switch games as well (which you don't have on Android) and it's very simple to switch between handheld and tv mode out of the box without buying adapters like you would to for an Android tablet so ...
Seeing how well RetroArch got already on the Wii U, how much it is pleasing me there and thinking about how pleasing it would be on a Switch, not forgetting the case that PSX and N64 already works for ARM somehow it's just perfect for RetroArch.

Put that to work and I'd buy it! <3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it