Hacking Can someone modify the Gateway RAW Save dump to Sky3DS converter script?

• Thread starter Deleted-19228
  • Start date
  • Views 7,415
  • Replies 58
D

Deleted-19228

OP
I have a collection of dumped personal games that I play from my Sky3DS. The saves were dumped using Gateways Save dumper in the launcher menu.

It basically takes the save file, adds a header and pads the file to reach 1025KB in size. I want it to remove the header and remove the padding so I can inject it back into the original cartridge it came from.

And for the people about to say IT WONT WORK ONEONEONE111EXCLAMATIONS!1!! it will. It's the exact same game, same header, etc. I have literally dumped my own Pokemon and SSB games and loaded them onto Sky3DS with the saves intact and running on a completely different system.

Alternatively I could use NTR, would prefer not to though.

The original perl file is attached. Thank you.

Attachments

• skysave.txt
    937 bytes · Views: 320

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a collection of dumped personal games that I play from my Sky3DS. The saves were dumped using Gateways Save dumper in the launcher menu.

It basically takes the save file, adds a header and pads the file to reach 1025KB in size. I want it to remove the header and remove the padding so I can inject it back into the original cartridge it came from.

And for the people about to say IT WONT WORK ONEONEONE111EXCLAMATIONS!1!! it will. It's the exact same game, same header, etc. I have literally dumped my own Pokemon and SSB games and loaded them onto Sky3DS with the saves intact and running on a completely different system.

Alternatively I could use NTR, would prefer not to though.

The original perl file is attached. Thank you.

Just a question, would it be possible to convert any (Gateway) save to a Sky3DS format? Or does it only work if it's your personal dump/save?

Thanks!

D

Deleted-19228

OP
Just a question, would it be possible to convert any (Gateway) save to a Sky3DS format? Or does it only work if it's your personal dump/save?

Thanks!

Technically as long as the headers match you can do that. You can't straight copy to another header game unless you use SDF or NTR's save plugin to decrypt and re-encrypt.

D

Deleted-19228

OP
Done, please test, at the moment you need to select original save size! later i can add template auto search to know what is the correct size automatically.

I just donated 10 eur to you :) maybe you can re-code it to make it a bidirectional save game converter? Also not sure what "Cart ID" is for but it shows all FF's for me.

EDIT:

In case it wasn't implied. It did work. Tested with a 512KB game. I converted the raw dump to Sky3DS and back to raw and it was the same :)

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically as long as the headers match you can do that. You can't straight copy to another header game unless you use SDF or NTR's save plugin to decrypt and re-encrypt.

I've got a 9.7 3DS and Sky. I was interested in downloading a save file for a game and using the restore function of DiskWriter to put it on the cart. I assume I would have to change the template to somehow use the same header as the save?

Thanks very much for your responses.

NoptheJmp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just donated 10 eur to you :) maybe you can re-code it to make it a bidirectional save game converter? Also not sure what "Cart ID" is for but it shows all FF's for me.

EDIT:

In case it wasn't implied. It did work. Tested with a 512KB game. I converted the raw dump to Sky3DS and back to raw and it was the same :)

Card ID is the online header ;) if its FF its erased meaning thats an offline game or scene release erased it. im adding auto save size detect to the program now. and thank you!

D

Deleted-19228

OP
Online header isn't part of the save though, it's part of the original rom. :)

D

Deleted-19228

OP
I was actually going to suggest to use template.txt for your auto detection :)

If you can add conversion to Sky3DS from Gateway this would be a great all in one tool that many people would use I'm sure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs