Can someone help me with my translation of Japanese Super Mario Bros. Deluxe?

Deleted member 354686

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe is a fantastic Game Boy Color remake of and the definitive version of the original Super Mario Bros. But did you know that there is a definitive version of this definitive version? You see, Super Mario Bros. Deluxe is of course already officially localized. But the localized version was released over eight months before the Japanese version, which came in a Nintendo Power cartridge and received many improvements which you can read about here or here. Being an overseas fan, though I can understand why the improvements were put in to make up for the wait, I'm a bit jealous that we got the inferior version of the game. So I was thinking about doing a translation project, since it would be easier to insert just the translated text and graphics into the Japanese version instead of doing assembly coding on the international version. Luckily, the English font and ability to display English text was kept in the Japanese version, and most of the text is already in English. My goal is to translate the parts that are in Japanese, namely the keyboard(?), the Fortune Teller graphics and text, the high score table (which is in English but uses Japanese names) and the Album text, using the equivalent data from the English version. Then it will be possible to play the definitive version of the definitive version of Super Mario Bros. overseas!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)